Chapter Thirteen

Anti's P.O.V.

"What do you mean we need to give them back control?!" Dark yells at me.

"We need their blood and tears," I try to explain.

"We are them!"

"That's not how it works, Dark," I tell him and roll my eyes. With a frustrated growl, he sits down on the couch. I pick up the spell book that he had thrown on the floor.

"Who says we'll get back in control?" he asks when he finally cooled down a bit. I sigh and put the book on the table. I move over to him and take his hands in mine.

"Come on, Dark. You're an upper demon! What are you so afraid of? You've killed thousands of people. You're so damn powerful! Why do you doubt yourself so much?" He looks down at our hands and intertwines them. "Why do you want this so badly anyways? What are you not telling me? Don't I deserve to know?" I ask him. In a flash he pulls his hands away from mine and he stands up. He starts walking away but stops and turns around facing me.

"Shut up, Anti. You don't know anything! You're just a stupid downclasser. Don't forget your place," he growls before he disappears through the front door. A feeling I've never known starts spreading through my chest. It made me feel cold. What was that? He's never said something like that before. The feeling makes me feel nauseous and I'm pretty sure I'm shaking. I slowly sink to the floor and I feel my glowing eye flickering. What is this feeling?

"That, my friend, is sadness." Jack!? You little bastard.

"Leave me alone, dick."

"No can do. This whole possessing thing is pretty weird. I can feel what you feel and hear some of your thoughts, but like, not all of them." He tells me. Good. I try to ignore him but he keeps on talking. At this point, I'm hugging my knees to my chest. The feeling still hasn't faded away.

"You know, maybe you need to tell Dark how you're feeling. He probably doesn't like making you feel bad."

"Jack, please leave me alone," my voice sounds broken and my eye has stopped glowing. I feel so powerless. I wait for his voice to return in my head, but it doesn't. Sadness? Is that what this is? It feels horrible. It makes me want to hurt myself more than normally. Why can't I be an upper demon like Dark? Then we wouldn't be having this problem. The door swings open and knocks against the wall with a loud bang.

"Anti I'm- your eye isn't glowing," he says and instantly is at my side. He tries to touch me but I pull away from his hand. "Anti, what's happening with you?' he asks. He sounds concerned. I turn my head and look at him. I try to talk, but no words come out of my mouth, so I do the second best thing. I let go of myself and place one of my hands on the mark I left on him. By doing so, I cause Dark to feel the same emotion I'm feeling. His eyes start flashing immediately, just like mine did. I try to pull my hand away but he stops me. "I'm so sorry, Anti," he says and puts his hand on my cheek. "You know that your class doesn't matter to me, right? I don't care about all that. I only care about you," he says, warming my heart and I know he feels it too 'cause he smiles softly. "I'm yours, remember?"

"Forever?" I ask him softly. He takes my face in his hands and leans his forehead against mine.

"Forever," he confirms and kisses me. This kiss was different than all the other ones we'd shared. This one was sweet and slow, a certification that he was in fact mine forever and I was his. It was so much more powerful than words could ever be.

"Let's complete this spell. Shall we, my kitten?' Dark asks against my lips and I smile.

"It'd be my pleasure." We pull away from each other and stand up.