Chapter Seventeen

UNEDITED

Jack's P.O.V.

I wake up with a massive pain in my head. The last thing I remember is Anti doing some kind of spell. I carefully open my eyes and it takes a minute until I'm adjusted to the light. Once the lights do no longer hurt my eyes I sit up. I take a look around and immediately my eyes fall on an unconscious Mark. i rush towards him and take his hand in mine.

"Mark? Wake up," I say. His hand is cold. I look at his face trying to find any signs that indicate that he's alive. I softly slap his face in hopes it will wake him up. He doesn't "Come Mark don't do this to me," I cry out. Tears start to roll down my cheeks and I tighten my grip on his hand. I glance at his chest and see that his breathing starts to slow down. I slap him again, harder this time. Nothing happens. "Mark! You don't get to do this!" I yell as a feeling of sadness settles in my chest. "Please Mark," I whisper softly. With one of my hands I go through his hair and I let it rest on his cheek.

"Don't be so dramatic," I hear someone say out of nowhere. I look up at the sources of the voice and see, Anti?

"Anti? What are you doing here? How is this possible? What did you do!" I yell at him.

"Calm down Jacky," another voice says.

"Dark? You're here too?" I ask confused and he nods. How in the world? Why? What?

"Is he going to wake up?" Anti asks Dark.

"We'll see. It doesn't matter. We don't need him alive anymore," he simply states like is no big deal.

"Don't talk like that!" I scream angrily and I look back at Mark. He's not going to die.

"You don't know for sure though kitten," Dark says teasingly and he chuckles.

"Stay out of my head,"" I growl at him.

"Watch out the little kitten has claws," Anti says jokingly.

"SHUT UP!" I yell and they both laugh. Their laughter dies out and I realise they have left the room. "Come on Markimoo," I say and I lean my forehead against his. I close my eyes and let the tears flow. "You have to wake up Mark. I can't live without you, not anymore. I need you. Only the thought of you being gone alone is unbearable. I feel like I can't breath. You mean the world to me Mark. Please. You can't die," I cry. I grab his hand even harder and fight back the tears. "Please Mark, I love you. You can't leave me like this," I whisper. Nothing happens and I pull away, my cheeks wet from tears. I let go of his hand and turn around not able to look at him anymore. I let my head fall into my hands and scream out in pain. The sadness is spreading and it leaves an ice cold feeling behind.

"You love me?" The sudden sound startles me and I turn around. There lays Mark with a smile on his face, looking at me.

"You're alive!" I yell happily and I throw my arms around him. I can't help but smile like an idiot. "I thought you were, you were so cold and you were barely breathing," I stammer and he pulls me closer.

"Shhh, it's okay, I'm okay. Calm down baby, I'm alive," he whispers in my ear slowly calming me down. He carefully sits up and I immediately cling onto him like a monkey.

"Don't ever scare me like that again," I say softly and he chuckles.

"I promise sweetheart." We stay like that for awhile and eventually I stop crying. I slowly pull away from my position in his neck and lean my forehead against his. "Did you mean it Jack?" Mark asks and I feel his breath against my lips. I nod and look him in his eyes. "Say it again for me, please?"

"I love you Mark," I say and I feel the tension between us rising. A huge smile appears on his face making me smile too.

"I love you too Jack," he breaths against my lips before he pulls me in for a kiss. The kiss is nothing like the other kisses we shared. This kiss was full of love. Love we finally confessed. Love I didn't expected to find. There was also a promise. A promise that he was indeed already and that he wasn't going anywhere.

"Ain't that cute Anti?" I hear Dark say out of nowhere.

"Thanks for ruining the moment dickhead," Marks rumbles annoyed before his eyes widen in shock. I pull away from and pull him on his feet so he's standing next to me. "How are you two here?" he asks confused and I grab his hand.

"Relax it was just a simple spell. We're not here to hurt you two. Not anymore," Anti says and he wraps his arms around Dark's arm.

"Wait are you two?" I ask not really getting what is going on.

"What? No? He's just a little light headed," Dark says but I can see the disappointment on Anti's face. I ignore it though.

"So why are you here?" Mark asks and he squeezes my hand.

"Look long story short, Anti is a lower class demon. I'm an upper class. That means I'm not allowed to be marked to him. However Anti's my favorite little demon so we fled from the underworld, possed your bodies, did a spell and now where demons in your world," Dark tells us like it's not a big deal.

"But you two are not together?" I ask again and Dark nods. "Okay," I say rather confused.

"So are you two planning on staying here?" Mark asks clearly wanting them gone.

"That's the catch we need to stay here. We're bonded to your bodies. We need to stay close to you guys otherwise we go straight back to the underworld," Anti explains.

"So why not kill us?" I ask him.

"It doesn't really matter. Dead or alive we're bonded to your bodies. Also I kind of promised Anti I wouldn't kill you two," Dark confesses and his cheeks turn slightly red.

"You two seriously need to talk about this whole not together thing because I think you guys don't really understand it," Mark says making me chuckle.

"So what if we don't want you guys here?" I ask and Dark chuckles darkly.

"I can still kill everyone you care about," he threatens making me choke.

"Fine," Mark says and a smile of victory is painted across Dark's face. "But the two of you aren't allowed to ever touch Jack in any way, unless he wants you to. Especially you Dark," Mark says pulling me closer to him.

"That shouldn't be a problem," Dark says and with a smile on his face he walks away followed by Anti.

"So we're going to live in a house with or evil doppelgangers?" I ask turning towards Mark.

"We don't really have a choose sweetheart," he says with a sad smile and he cups my face with his hands. "We'll be alright. We'll make it through," he says and I smile.

"I trust you," I say and he smiles.

"I love you Jack," he says again making me feel warm on the inside.

"And I love you," I say and he pulls me in for a kiss.

So this is it guys. This is the end of the story. I could make some bonus chapters if you want me to. I hope you enjoyed the story. I really enjoyed making it. Please let me know what you think and if you liked my story :)