Beauty and the Beast

A request for Littleavis. Her OCs BloodClaw and Tarah. I hope you enjoy it! 

"To love is nothing. To be loved is something. But to love and be loved, that's everything."

— T. Tolis

Space is a harsh place to explore. If one is not ready to venture out into the unknown, one can die or crash land onto a random planet. If they're lucky, it will be inhabited by a species that will be friendly to the explorer or it may be a planet that has a big city and they can get help. But, not all explorers are lucky. 

Tarah is one of those explorers. A young human woman that was excited to explore space and maybe even discover a planet that no one has seen before. She was naive to think space would be kind to a new explorer like her. Tarah's ship was brand spanking new, she had saved up a lot to buy one and all the supplies. Even if she had everything that would help her, she did not know the first thing about exploring distant galaxies and worlds. She was clueless and rather stupid for thinking she could fair on her own.The ship got caught in an asteroid belt and one of the ship's engine had gotten badly damaged.

 "No! Crap, this isn't good!" The woman yelled out as she tried to keep the ship steady, but the wheel was starting to become too hard to hold. Her hazel eyes widened as she felt the ship being pulled in by the gravitational pull of a nearby planet. It was like everything went in slow motion as the ship shook more violently as she was pulled in...then nothing.

***************

"A human?"

"What is it doing here?"

"Is it alive?"

"Pick her up and bring the female back to camp...Boss would want to see her."

***************

Tarah's head hung low and her long black hair hid her face like a curtain. The female's arms were chained above her head yet her legs were free. Her breathing was slow and shallow but soon she took a deep breath and twitched. Her vision was blurry as she looked at her lap and she felt confused as to why she was sitting. All she remembered was her ship was hit by an asteroid and then getting closer and closer to a planet. Then nothing.  Tarah's mouth and throat were dry, she needed water and something to eat. The female went to move her arms, but couldn't. 

Tarah lifted her head and finally looked around...she was in a cage. A rather small one too, she tilted her head back to see if she could get her arms free...but a breath of dismay escaped her chapped lips as she saw that her wrists were chained to the cage wall. "Fuck" she croaked out and looked to her right, all she saw were large domes that looked to be made of different animal furs. A few weapons were leaning against the tents she could see and what looked like a dog...but it was huge like a mini horse and instead of a normal head, there was a skull.

*What...the hell?* She was downright confused and very scared but she had to stay calm. The brunette then turned her head to the left and actually flinched back when she saw someone...or something sitting there staring at her or she thought it was staring at her. It had a skull mask covering its whole face. It looked human-like but there were very distinct features that made it not human. For starters, the first thing she saw was the scale-like skin. It was a deep red that faded to a yellow. Next, the hands and feet are huge! And they had sharp looking nails on them as well. The third thing was the size of it. Its arms were the size of a small tree trunk and the rest of the body was just huge and really muscular. Like they were built to fight and maybe even hunt.