Best of Husbands and Best of Men

(I wanted to do this song for a while now, but I'm changing it up a little. The original song is called Best of Wives and Best of Women by Lin-Manuel Miranda. And the song is from the Broadway show called Hamilton.)

A ship slowly moved through the darkness of space, a dim light could be seen in the front of the ship. Inside, it was quiet, almost peaceful. It was also humid and fog covered the floor, lazily shifting and moving as the seconds went by. In a bedroom laid a man with pitch black hair, every time he breathed in and out, a soft wheezing could be heard from him. A German Shepard laid on the edge of the bed curled up and fast asleep. A window that took up most of the wall near the bed, let in the dim light from the millions maybe even trillions of stars that made up the universe. A comet could be seen in the distance, a trail of white ice and gas moved behind it, breaking off and freezing in the vacuum of space. Some planets could be seen as well, some were close and others were far. Many different colors made up the planets, it was beautiful. 

The male shifted under the warm covers, it wasn't as humid in the room like it was out in the hallways so it was easier to sleep and breath. The man breathed in deeply before he started coughing and sat up. The Shepard woke up and lifted his head up to look up at the man. His golden eyes held pain in them as he coughed in his fist before clearing his throat and breathed deeply again. This time, not going into a coughing fit. "I'm fine, Tomo." the male gruffly said with a small but pained smile. Haku let out a small sigh and glanced over at the side of the bed where his husband was supposed to be at. He was not there, the covers were crumpled and bunched up. It seems like he was gone for a while. 

"Where did he go?" The brunette muttered and ran a hand through his hair and yawned widely before taking the warm covers off. Tomo yawned as well and laid his head back on his paws, Haku smiled and gently scratched behind his ears and looked around to find something to wear. He was naked and while he didn't care walking around the ship nor did he think that Gold cared about him walking around naked, he wanted something on. He slipped on Gold's large sweater and stepped over to the door which slid open. It was still so quiet in the ship and Haku's wheezing sounded even louder as he quietly moved down the halls, feeling the cool smoke moving against his skin. He could hear typing from the living room and wondered what in the world Gold was doing up. He looked down at his digital watch, it was set for Earth time and it was around 2 in the morning. The typing got louder as Haku moved down the hall and it opened up to the living room where he saw the dim glow of the laptop. 

Gold was facing Haku, typing away on the laptop while the glow of the light illuminated his face casting shadows across his face and it made his electric blue eyes stand out even more. Gold's dreads were pulled into a high ponytail some of it was on his shoulders. Haku crossed his arms and smiled lightly before he yawned widely, covering his mouth. The sound made Gold-Blood stop and he looked up at his husband with surprise swirling in his blue eyes. " Haku? What are you doing up?" the Yautja trailed his eyes up and down the human's body, stopping on his bare legs which made Haku smile knowingly. 

"I could ask you the same thing. Come back to sleep." 

Haku gently pleaded with his husband who let out a small sigh and he sat back to stretch his arms above his head. The brunette walked over and sat down sideways on his lap. Gold wrapped his arms around his waist, pulling the man closer. He leaned down and pressed his mandibles against Haku's forehead. 

"I have a meeting with the elders at dawn" He sighed gently and the human pouted and leaned his head back to look up at the male, he could see that Gold was tired and he looked over to see what he was writing. 

"A report for the elders about my time on Earth and what I experienced." He ran his fingers through Haku's hair and the human sighed softly, coughing a bit. 

"It's 2 am though. Aren't you tired?" Haku asked and he felt Gold sigh and he shifted a bit on the couch. He leaned down again and placed a "kiss" on his head again 

"Yes, I am tired. But I needed to write this and send it out so I can have time to spend with you." Gold said and ran his fingers across Haku's bare thigh, he shivered and laid his head on his husband's chest. He reached up and ran his fingers gently across Gold's bare stomach, he could feel the muscles clenching under his touch. He wheezed gently and closed his eyes 

"But you always are writing reports. Why do you write like you're out of time?"

"Shh..."

Gold gently hushed his husband and Haku looked up at him once again, a small frown on his pale face. "Just come back to bed, that is all I ask." He pleaded, wanting to feel his husband's body against his and to just have the other stay in bed. Gold grunted softly and shifted again and shook his head lightly. 

"I'll be back before you know I'm gone." Haku sighed and shook his head, leaning up and cupped the man's cheeks, being careful of his mandibles. 

"Come back to bed, please." He leaned up and kissed him gently. 

"The meeting's at dawn. I need to get this report done." He could see that Haku was disappointed but he needed to get this done so the elders could get their report. It was clear that Gold-blood would not be coming back to bed any time soon. The human was very disappointed and got off of the Yautja's lap.

"Well," He sighed "I'm going back to sleep." The brunette was about to walk out of the living room  when he heard Gold's voice. 

"Hey..." Haku stopped and crossed his arms and turned around to watch the other with curiosity. He watched the other and while he was disappointed that Gold would not be coming back to bed anytime soon, he still was worried for the Yatuja's health. Gold smiled and he could see love in the other's eyes. They've came a long way since the first time they met on Earth. If anyone told Haku he would fall in love with a alien, he would say they were crazy. But here he was, on a ship with the love of his life. 

"Best of husbands and best of men." Haku smiled and blew a kiss at the man before heading off to bed. Maybe one day Haku could figure out why Gold was writing like he was running out of time, it probably won't be anytime soon. But, he wanted to know. As he laid back in bed and pulled the covers over his body, as he slowly dozed off, he could still hear the faint tapping and clicking of keys.