Girl

Girl
Perfectly her
Broken and hurt
Soft and asleep in the morning gray
Shake off the night and don't hide your face
The sun lights the world with a single flame
I want you to see this

The sun sat high in the sky with clouds lazily rolling past the baby blue sky. Birds were chirping and flying through the air, chasing each other, spinning and diving in excitement and happiness. The warm wind blew past the trees, taking some leaves along for the ride, the wind blew along the many different colored flowers that made up the large flower field. The field looked like a ocean as the flowers bent in the wind, it was beautiful. Giggling and laughter could be heard through the peace of the day, running through the field, running her finger tips along the soft petals that greeted her hand. Hair black as night was blowing behind her, having escaped its ponytail, heterochromia eyes were sparkling in delight as she spun around and stopped when she saw a woman with maroon hair blowing in the wind, she had on a light blue sun dress and a warm smile on her face. 

"It's beautiful here, mother!" The little girl called out with glee and awe, watching her mother nod her head and began walking over to her. The girl giggled again and turned around to begin running further into the field. The mother watched her daughter run around in happiness, enjoying the sun on her skin and just loving the freedom that she had. Traveling months in space, they couldn't enjoy the sun or really relax. But here, on this planet, they could relax and enjoy it for a while before they once had to leave. Jane wanted to see her little girl happy, the training that she was going through was taking a toll on the 9 year old and Jane didn't want to see her daughter in pain. If she could, she would take that pain and wear it for her. But Jane knew that all the pain Seraphina went through would be worth it. 

Today
And all of your days
I'll wear your pain
Heal what I can in your troubled mind
Sometimes our bodies will hurt for some time
And the beauty in that can be hard to find
I want you to find it
I want you to see this

Jane looked over and saw Nightblood sitting down at the center of the field, soaking up the sun and keeping warm. He loved his daughter and also wanted to not see her in any pain, but he too, has endured pain when he was growing up. He didn't have the same powers as his daughter or wife did, but he knew the pain and would help his daughter get through it. All the scars and wounds, mentally and physically that she has received, he would help her. She wouldn't be alone. Nightblood hummed gently as he watched Jane begin walking towards him, Seraphina kept running towards him, squealing in delight and he could see her scales shining in the warm rays of the sun. She still had her skin, but since she was a hybrid, more of his features were starting to form on her. She was also getting stronger each day, he wondered if she would still keep most of her human features. 

"Father! Are you warm? Isn't the sun amazing? I could stay here forever!" Seraphina sighed out as she finally got to her father who chuckled and ruffled her hair, the child laughed and laid down beside him, panting from running over here. Nightblood nodded his head, his mask was off so he could feel the warmth on his face, his vision was horrible though, but he could still see his daughter who had a bright smile on her face. She was looking up at him, blue and green eyes filled with love and laughter. Paya gifted him with Jane and Seraphina. 

"It is, Little One. Maybe we can stay here for a little while longer. You have been training for a few months now." The Yaujta said and looked up when he heard and felt Jane sit beside him, leaning against his side. "Yes, I think it is a good idea. We have the ship here, so that will be our temporary home unless you wanted to build a cabin?" Jane asked and she laughed-hearing Nightblood chuckle- when the brunette shot up, gasping in glee.

"Really? That would be amazing! Can we, father?!"  Jane laid her head on her husband's shoulder as he looked down at his daughter, the excitement in her eyes. He couldn't say no. The male let out a raspy sigh, but nodded down at her, his mandibles smiling down at her .

"Yes we can. It'll be fun." He laughed as he watched her jump up and spin around in a circle "Yay! I want to build it over there! Come on, Father!" She grabbed his hand, her hand was so tiny in his, and tugged at his arm, puffing out her cheeks as he didn't immediately get up. "Alright, alright, I'm coming." Jane laughed behind her hand, eyes sparkling as she watched her husband and daughter go over to the spot that Seraphina wanted, her running ahead of him and pointing at different places and trees. 

 So run
Wake up and run
My little one
I wanna tear down these walls that can't hold you inside
And rip out the cords and uncover your eyes
We'll make our escape in the dark of night
I need you to see this
Oh, oh, oh
Oh, oh, oh

Jane got up and brushed off her dress and began walking over to the two. She smiled while watching Nightblood cross his arms, a thoughtful look on his face before he began making hand gestures and pointed at a few different spots than what Seraphina wanted. Jane expected the child to disagree to what Nightblood was saying but she too stopped and looked at the spot as well, the same stance the her father was taking. The red-head laughed gently "like father like daughter." she said and let out a small sigh of happiness, feeling all warm and fuzzy, it wasn't because of the sun either. She felt so happy that she had a family, people to come home to and just to spend these moments with them.  Jane continued to walk over to them, one hand moving her hair from her face and a warm smile. 

Girl
You'll see the world
And you'll come to learn
That falling in love is a strange work of art
All of your battles will shape who you are
And know that your scars are my favorite part
I want you to know this

"Where are we building the cabin?"