Chapter 4 - Awks

*Filerr Chap, sorryyy"

Peter

"So...let me get this straight" Ned looks at Peter with furrowed brows, wondering what was up with the Parker boy.

"You told Michelle that you don't have a crush...while also indicating that you may have a crush on her.." He carries on, unable to understand what had happened half an hour earlier.

"Slight crush, it's a slight crush-" Peter places his thumb and index finger almost together, leaving the tiniest space to show how slight his crush was.

"-so slight, oh so...slight..." He trails off, catching sight of Michelle walking out of a classroom down the hall.

"Wait, you like Michelle, like like like Michelle?"

"I can't believe you used like three times in a sentence, and no...I just appreciate her face, and would like to see it at least 7 times a day, to stay content" Peter tries to explain to Ned, but only ends up making himself look creepy.

"Dude, Michelle though, who would have thought huh? You know with that whole Liz is my soulmate thing, I would've never guessed 'M' to the 'J'..what whaaat" Ned tries to play off saying MJ's name like that.

"Oh Ned, stop."

"What's Ned stopping?" Peter and Ned turned around to see Liz holding a stack of Calculus books in her hands, with them slightly shaking under the weight of the books.

"His...obsession with...spinning chairs" Peter trailed off, wondering why he wasn't feeling the weird sensation of metaphorical butterflies, floating around his stomach.

"Yes, I love chairs, spinning chairs...I prefer chairs that spin-" Ned uses hand motions

"They spin around, that's why I like them" Ned trails off, not knowing where he was going with this.

"Okay, then. Well I have to take these books back to the storage room, they're kinda heavy..." Liz moves her eyes to Peter, almost as if she wanted him to carry them for her.

"Well, have fun Liz" Peter doesn't seem to take the hint, and waves her off.

"Oh um okay, bye Peter, bye Ned; I would wave, but these books are like super heavy" Liz waves the books around, her shoulders hunching slightly.

"Yep well, you better head off then, bye Liz" The two boys walk past Liz, then down the hall together.

"Okay then, bye guys" She slowly walks off, turning and waiting to see if Peter would go after her. But he's already gone.