Chapter 5 - So...

Peter

Michelle has been unusually quiet today, I've noticed that she's pulled her hair back into a high bun, rather than her low ponytail with a bit of hair loose at the front.

Peter taps his lunch tray, squinting his eyes at Michelle, who absentmindedly plays with her Mac and cheese. Ned just stares at peter, who stares at Michelle, who stares at her seven dollar Mac and depressing cheese.

"You're being creepy, I can feel your brain waves crashing against her skull," Ned whispers to Peter, who has no shame at the moment, none. Like non at all.

"I- did you notice the change of her hair, like I wouldn't call it subtle-," Approaching their table, with a bounce in her step is none other than Liz, along with her comes irrelevant blue haired chick, that won't be introduced anywhere else other than this chapter.

Ned clears his throat awkwardly, when they slow down behind Peter, and in front of Ned.

"-But like do you think she someone to comment on it? Like I can give her a few compliments- along with some sweet lovin-,"

"Peter, shut your whore mouth, Liz is in our presence," Ned whispers harshly to peter, who snaps his head behind him; spilling his can of Pepsi, but no one cares because Pepsi sux anyways.

"Oh, h-hey Liz. Whaz up?" Peter almost facepalms himself.

Oh my god, scary movie bullshit

Peter thinks in his head, too embarrassed to look at either of them. Ned looks like he'd rather be watching porn in the computer room then be here.

Liz smiles hesitantly at peter, seeing as he's been acting a bit off around her lately.

"Hey...Peter. I was wondering, since you seem to have not asked anyone to homecoming yet-," her eyes seem to widen in slight annoyance, seeing as homecoming is in 3 days,

"And, I just wanted to ask; do you, uhm maybe wanna.. come to homecoming- with me?"

Liz twists her fingers awkwardly, seeing as she's never had to ask out a guy before, usually it was the other way around. Ned's eyes widen to the size of a real big size, while peter chokes on his spit a bit.

I don't really....want...to go...with her

Peter starts sweating, this was the dream, he's been working up the courage to ask her these past few months, and yet lately..

Peter turns to look over at Michelle's table, hoping to catch a glimpse of her, only to find her gone.

I-

"Hey Peter, are you okay?" Liz asked, waving her hand in front of him. He looks at her for a moment, almost spacing out.

"Look if you don't want to go with me, it's-its fine-," Liz looks to the floor with reddened cheeks, knowing that he's looking for a way out of being her date.

"No! No, it's not that I wouldn't want to go to homecoming with you, it's just that-," Peter's cut off by a nonchalant voice from behind him, that makes his heart rate jump.

"He's got a date."

——

Ehhhh, I'm back xx