10; multi-talented, so secretive

"wait, you're my photographer?" I asked in shock because it is really getting messed up each day, like how the hell he followed me here? Is he even a photographer?

He nodded and smiled cheekily as he came for a handshake, how classic.

I did not know how to react, so I decided just to go with the flow and not make things look awkward at all.

"one of the things that the world does not know about me other than writing is that I can play the piano but I cannot call myself a musician, I photograph art and what inspires me, I also play all kinds of sports." He said.

I stood there in shock, my tongue and is tied and I could not pick up my jaw from the ground, I am breathless.

How can he stay so secretive and he's literally so talented, but what is driving me is crazy is how he knew about my photoshoot and why did he wanted to be the photographer? He is weird.

"okay let us do the thing," he winked and all I could do was nod.

The photo-shoot was a little bit awkward that moment because I wasn't comfortable with him taking pictures of me, I had Tania to take behind the scenes shots, you know to look all professional on social media.

I thanked God multiple times when the photoshoot ended, I just wanted to go home and eat, I am starving.

"HOME SWEET HOME!" I screamed the moment I entered my penthouse, and the best part of coming home is to be welcomed by your dogs, I have two dogs, Aphrodite and Apollo, Aphrodite is a golden retriever, she is so beautiful and smart and the name matched her so well. Apollo is a husky, and I named him after the god of creativity and the sun, my dogs means a lot to me.

I got off my business woman outfit and jumped into Mary Jane's real outfit.

Typical Mary Jane would go to work in sweats and a crop top with some pair of Adidas, Mary Jane would put her hair in a ponytail and just go with mascara and lipgloss, but business woman Mary Jane likes to spice it up at work with a sport chic look, the signature look, trousers and a leather jacket, and sometimes some printed tee.

What I hate about my job is that I should like, 60 percent of the time to wear heels, the struggle.

Anyway, I had a huge bowl of ma and cheese in my lap, talk about calories, hell yeah.

I was watching another episode of shameless, the only series I watched till the end and repeated, because everyone who knows me would know that I watch one episode of a certain series and dump it for a year, where instead I can finish a book in a day or so, perks of being normal.

A hard knock on the door did not attract Mary's attention, two knocks had her paranoid, after the third knock, Mary felt the door would break any second.

She opened the door and was scared to be punched in the face so she hid behind it, a drunk figure stepped into the house, the figure was tall but it looked so wasted he looked like he lost couple inches of his height.

"Mar, it is just me," the voice echoed.

Not again, she cursed under her breath.

She closed the door and faced him as he turned around, he did not look good.

"I want to work with you," he said between hiccups and forced breaths.

Mary was unconscious of her face impressions, but all she had was a look of terror, disgust and disappointment on her face.

Yet, Mary had the tingle in her heart that wanted to hug him and take care of him, and help him get on his feet.

The look in his eyes looked desperate, frustrated, weak.

She never thought one day that she would see a weak look on Edward McCain's face, tables do turn upside down.

But, all she did was shake, her nerves were shaking, her heart was shaking, her mind was shaking, and he was aware of that, he was looking in her soul and he was burning it, the ice in her body was going to melt and she did not know what to do, she could not fight back.

Fire and water can mix, in a good way or a bad way it does not matter, but does it matter when it mixes in both, good and bad ways?

I sensed the coldness in her soul as I touched her skin with my fiery fingertips, I have always been the fire, poor little girl did not know that.

Her face expressions were testing my anger, why is she looking at me like that? How can she even look at me like that?

"you're not in a sober phase at the moment, you should go home and have some rest," she was not looking in my eyes, but my eyes were burning her soul to have her look at me.

"you think a crappy hotel room is a home? What if home is a human, an ugly hotel room is not my home, spain is not my home, a soul is my home."

I managed to breathe as the fire calmed down, I decided to cooperate with him, to see where we will reach.

I smiled at him and that calmed him, so he returned the gesture and smiled back, all I did was smile at him and he turned into a complete different person.

"can I sit, please?" I asked her politely, mentally I laughed at myself because, I'm never polite when I am drunk.

She nodded.

"you said your soul is a home, right?"

"yes," I agreed with her, she was home.

"would you make an effort to search for it? And if you found it, what would be the first thing you would do?"

Are we playing 20 questions, or was she testing me?

I started to ask him and communicate with him in spite of I do not know, test him? But my intentions are not like that, so I decided to drive back to the hotel, for his sake, and mine.

"you did not answer my question," the road was a little bit dark and the streets were empty, something unusual in California, but come on it is Monday.

"pull over," he ordered.

His tone seemed serious and she was not in the mood for arguing with him, she pulled over.

She was waiting for a response, when pulled her to collide with his power.

I wanted to witness how does it feel when fire collides with ice, the sun collides with the moon, black combines with white.

"will you work with me?"

"come by my office tomorrow so we can discuss it."

"Marry me," he looked dead serious, even though he's wasted.

"if I could I would," she weakly smiled.

I watched him enter the hotel as I drove back, I was too deep in my thoughts when I saw a very bright light one second, turn into dark the following one.
---
Hey guys! How are you? Hope you're enjoying the book so far! The best is yet to come.