Chapter 5- The Voice Gains a Name

The smoke from the burning buildings mixes with the night sky, causing the darkness that surrounds us to almost melt into the background.

“What’re we gonna do?” Asked Jared, fumbling with his pickaxe.

“We mine, genius.” Responds Hazel, breaking a block. “Hey, iron.”

“Lotta good that’ll do us.” Mutters Kristie, stumbling upon yet more coal.

“Well, you’re all doing a whole lot better than me!” I say, half joking.

When we got back, Gareth thought that it would be funny to block up the entire labyrinth with smooth stone while we were chopping down trees for firewood. We now had no idea where the door to the cave-house was.

“Gareth!” Shouts August. “Just want to let you know that I hate you right now!”

“Well, that’sss not very niccce,” Says a voice from behind us. A creeper.

“Agh!” Screams Kristie as it blows up right in her face.

We are all blown backwards by the blast, slamming against the walls of stone. It didn’t hurt much, but it was enough to make me even madder.

“ALRIGHT GARETH, THIS WAS YOUR FAULT!” I scream, thrusting my arms out wide. Before I knew what was happening, pixelated, red shock waves rippled from my hands. The pixels shot through the stone, shattering it as if it was made of glass. An eerie, red glow emanated from my eyes, casting shadows that looked like twilight upon the midnight grass. The usually soft white light from my eyes was replaced with bloodred. My body levitated up at least three blocks in the air, and emitted more pulses of pixels. I shut my eyes and plummeted back onto the dew-soaked ground.

I lay still for a moment, eyes closed and fear coursing through my veins. What just happened?! I had never done that before! I wasn’t even trying!

Suddenly I felt hands pull me up. “What did you just do?!” Shouts Jared.

“I... I don’t know...” I mumble, energy ebbing.

Yes, I believe you do. Said the voice.

“I don’t,” I mumbled.

“Who is that?” Asked Kristie.

I looked at her. “You can hear him too?”

Everyone nodded in unison.

You have felt the power that you will gain by joining me, It replied. Although I see no need. You... Oh, how do I put this? Ah. Have no choice.

“Of course I do,” I hissed. “I don’t even know you!”

The voice chuckled. Oh, there is so much you do not know. It will make sense in time, glitch.

The world around us melted into a black void of darkness.

“Herobrine, what does he mean?” Hazel asked, backing up. “Is he doing this?”

“I don’t know!” I answered truthfully. “I really don’t!”

Do you really not understand? The voice said, his tone woven with an underlining hiss. Are you really this ignorant?

I glared at no one. “I know that your name is Kungen and you completely destroyed a village for no reason!”

Yes. For once you have the intelligence to figure something out on your own. The village was merely a demonstration, something to... convince you to listen. Unfortunately you weren’t at the village when I destroyed it. If you were, something might have triggered Phase 3 and would have made both our lives a lot simpler.

“What is phase 3?” I asked through gritted teeth. “And what do you want my help for? Blowing things up for fun?”

No... It growled. Perfection.

The voice faded and the world returned to normal. Everyone looked at me expectantly.

“What was that?” Cried August.

“Potion of blindness,” Replied Kristie, pulling up her holographic inventory just as the effects wore off.

“Well, that went well.” Hazel said sarcastically. “Some evil dude wants you for revenge on someone. We still don’t know what it is he’s aiming for, or even who he really is. So what now?”

I thought a moment. “We prepare.”

___

I know, I know. Really short filler chapter. Truth is, I'm running out of Ideas. Can you guys post some ideas in the comments? Thanks a billion!

Your dragon friend,

MoonlightDragon