Chapter 7- Reunion

Ahhmagosh look I updated!

Sorry it took so long... I felt bad so I made it extra long for everyone. :)    I referenced Doctor Who in this chapter... first one to catch the reference gets a dedication!

Silverbrine's OC Silver was also introduced in this chapter. See if you can find her!

Anways, enjoy the chapter!

~~~~~

        I couldn’t see. Darkness was my prison, and it was inescapable. I felt a searing pain in my chest, where I assumed the sword was. I tried to look around, but found that nothing was there. I was floating in a void, with code drifting aimlessly around me. I looked down, hoping that I at least had a body. I did, but it was rapidly unraveling into code.

What the Nether-! I flailed my arms in panic, which unfortunately quickened the process. Strings of ones and zeroes swam through the void, drowning me in... whatever the heck this was. It was like lava, but as black as night and not hot, but rather gelatinous and slightly cold. I couldn’t breathe, couldn’t see, and was quickly losing my ability to move. I began to give up hope as the codes began to take up every space of my vision until everything was a blurred white. I closed my eyes, accepting my fate.

“Shut up!”

I was suddenly jarred into reality. The void melted away, but the pain remained. I groaned, not even trying to sit up. I didn’t know whether I was dead or alive, but I hoped that it was the latter.

“He’s awake!” Someone said.

“Be careful,” another warned. “You don’t want to-”

Someone grabbed my shoulders and shook me ferociously, and my eyes snapped open. “Hey, wake up you idiot! You scared us all to death!”

My head roared in protest and my chest throbbed with pain. “Ok, ok, stop. I’m sorry.” I rasped, finding speech more difficult than usual.

As the world stopped spinning, I saw that the figure above me was Gareth, now sporting a long sleeved black shirt. “Sorry,” He said, letting go.

“Gareth-!” The voice next to him shouted, which I recognized as Kristie. “You’re going to kill him at this rate!”

I smiled weakly. “I’m fine... Really. Just let me-” I tried to sit up, but a searing pain caused me to cringe. “Agh-!” I gritted my teeth and tried not to shout.

Kristie pushed me back onto the bed. “Stay down. I think we need one more health potion. She rushed out of what appeared to be a wooden door. I took this opportunity to look around. I appeared to be in a wooden room of some kind, with colored wood and paintings adorning the walls. There was a bookshelf here and there, but the thing that really caught my eye was the row of beds lining the left side of the room. There were probably thirteen of them, the red sheets neatly folded on top of the while woolen sheets. I glanced down at my sheets, which were completely strewn about. I sort of felt embarrassed, but I wasn’t the neatest person. If you could call me that.

“Where am I?” I asked Gareth in a strained voice.

“The infirmary,” He replied, plucking a book off of a nearby shelf. “You’ve been out for like two days.”

“Two days-!” I almost choked. “That long, huh?”

“Yeah,” replied Gareth, leafing through the pages with a bored expression. “You scared all of us to death.”