Mechanics

Word Count: 2,165

^^I can't help it, I love that pic.^^

...

The knock on my door came a long while later. 

I had been dozing peacefully on the bed thinking that nothing could be any softer than that heavenly mattress. I couldn't remember the last time I had actually been in a bed; the years I had been in capture we were forced to use the metal floor for a sleeping surface.

So that knocking may have immediately knocked down a notch on my good mood.

Grumbling a little under my breath, I stopped my muttered protesting when I opened the door to find Keith holding a small stack of clothes in his hands.

He had cleaned himself up a little from the last time I saw him, he wasn't sweaty anymore, his hair was dry, and he smelled faintly of soap. He had his jacket on still, his hair pulled back in a low ponytail.

Dang, he was cute.

I felt myself going red in the face at the thought; I tightened the towel tighter around me and hurriedly asked. "Yeah?"

He seemed to stare at me for a little longer than necessary before snapping back into remembering what he was actually here for. "Allura wanted to give you these." He said, thrusting the clothes into my hands hurriedly.

I took the pile, murmured a small "Thanks" and slammed/closed the door before I could make any more of a fool of myself and before Keith could start gawking again.

Acira, why are you acting like this? I silently asked myself, walking over to the now rumpled bed and plopping the pile down, sifting through the small pile of clothes, holding random pieces up to myself without really looking at any one of them in particular. Last time I checked I didn't need anybody to take care of me, so why was I showing interest for a boy? I shuddered at the thought of me going soft, no, I was tough, and I didn't need anyone, especially a boy.

So why are you still thinking about him?

Fuck you self-conscious.

To forget that little, whatever it was, I turned to actually looking through the clothes. I might as well wear something besides that uncomfortable white suit, thing, I thought, thinking back to Lance grazing his eyes over me earlier and shivered.

I pulled out the black bodysuit from the prison ship, now cleaned and neatly folded, wondering why the heck would I get this back when suddenly an idea struck.

It fit okay enough, it wasn't uncomfortable, and it wasn't super tight, maybe...

The idea grew into a plan, I pulled on some random pieces of clothing and walked out of my room and somehow, by myself, found the kitchen coming face to face with Hunk who stopped mid-scoop in putting cookies on a sheet. I couldn't help for a second but inhale the sweet scent that wafted through the room before snapping back to attention.

"Um, hey, Hunk, do you have any knives I could use?"

He raised an eyebrow, but if he was worried about what I needed them for, he didn't say it out loud.

He pointed to a drawer behind him. "In there." He said before turning back to his work.

"Thanks." I quickly grabbed one and dashed back down the hall to my room without running into a dead-end hallway.

Pulling out the black body suit again, I cut what I thought looked like the right length for pants, and slipped them on, a few cuts later, I had them the right length around the waist, folding the frayed edges to keep them from unraveling.