Suit Up

Word Count: 606

Allura didn't seem too against me going on the mission with them, when I had explained the plan I was thinking.

"You will need armor." She said, gesturing to Coran, the three of us sneaked away just before Shiro launched into another one of his "space dad" lectures with the Voltron team, mainly pointed in Lance's direction.

Curious, I followed the two Alteans down the halls, I tried to keep track of how to get to wherever we were going, but I soon lost count of how many turns we took and, instead, focused on my growing excitement.

I was actually going to help Voltron! The fear and confusion I had felt earlier in the day felt miles away as my thoughts bounced up and down, giddy with the exhilaration of what we were about to do.

And I'll be working with...

I felt a blush crawl up my face, my heartbeat exhilarating at the thought; I'd be working with Keith of all people.

I didn't purposefully do it, he was honestly the only person that I'd seen fight and I had a feeling that he'd be the best person to take. His reflexes were pretty fast and he seemed to be one of those people who worked best when under pressure.

I was suddenly taken out of my thoughts by Allura who had stopped by a closed door. "We're here."

She opened the door we had stopped at to reveal a room full of Altean armor (just imagine the paladin armor, but silver).

"Wow." I breathed, taking in the multiple weapons lining the walls; armored suits sat waiting in glass tubes with matching helmets.

"Before the lions were created to protect the Castle of Lions, my father had a very large army at his disposal, these were the suits used, of course there is no use for them now." Allura said, eyeing the armor as she spoke, I could see in her eyes that she was remembering glimpses of the past.

"You're welcome to anything here." Coran spoke up, standing by the door as I ventured further into the room.

"You guys didn't have to do this," I said, still walking around the room, unable to keep my eyes on one thing before jumping to another, "I could've just went as I was, I would've been fine."

Allura smiled faintly. "Don't be silly, Acira, besides, any friend of my people is a friend of mine."

I smiled back at her, glad that she thought of me as a friend. "Thank you, Allura."

"You might want to hurry, number six, that ship won't stay there for long." Coran said, as he and Allura exited the room, the door shutting softly behind them.

I smiled at the closed door, happy that Coran thought of me as part of the team and glad that they accepted me into their lives.

I slipped on one of the Altean armor that lined one of the walls, pleased that it fit perfectly, the armored plates ended in the right places for me to cut out wing holes for them to fit through.

Grabbing a helmet, I scurried over to the wall of weapons, thinking for a moment of what to grab. Finally settling on twin daggers, I slipped both of the blades down either sides of my boots, the hilts sticking out, and ran out the door, somehow making my way back to the bridge on my own.

"Alright, I'm ready." I said, opening both doors with a flourish as seven heads turned in my direction.

Allura, noticing my slight change to the armor, nodded in approval. "Paladins, to your lions."

...

This is short, I know, but I didn't want this to take up room in the next chapter that's where all the action's gonna happen!