Tell Me of Death

Word Count: 1,754

This chapter's kinda gory, just a heads up.

...

My head jerked up at the sudden sound of the metal door swinging opened, my bleary eyes letting me see for the time being and what stood in the doorway made me whimper in fear.

It was one of Haggar's druids. The mask covered his face, his robes falling all the way to the floor where any signs of a human feature were erased from view. I saw a shade of what I had seen before I had been kidnapped from Earth before everything had happened: the shadow of something dark blocking an empty doorway. The bone-chilling mist that spread throughout the room like a snake, then, nothing at all.

"Come," the druid said in a bone-chilling voice that sent shivers down my spine, raising his hand up from his side, I gasped in surprise when an icy numbness ran through me, my feet leaving the floor against my will as I now floated after the cloaked creature that then walked down the hall, the cell door clanging shut behind us.

I watched as the hall slowly passed us, "Wh-where are you taking me?" I choked out, my voice small. I was frozen in place, I couldn't move, only watch as we traveled to our destination.

The cloaked figure did not answer, his robes continuing to swish along the floor as he walked.

My heart was now pounding in my throat and my arm throbbed in response. Where was I going? What were they going to do with me? I had no idea.

We stopped in front of a closed door, when we walked through the hall earlier I had heard screams echoing through the hall female and male alike, and I had sunk into myself when I had realized that we were headed toward the torture chambers, but now everything was an eerie silent and my stomach churned dangerously for what was to come.

The door slid open with an almost unheard hiss and I was floated inside the small room, the metal cuffs on the table opening as I was put on the table, they snapped shut when I was in place, the iciness from before now dissipating from me and I let out a small sigh of relief as I slumped against the table, I could move.

But that was the least of my worries, I thought, looking around. I was indeed in a torture room. Evil looking weapons lined a wall, an assortment of smaller ones sitting on a smaller table beside me glinting in the artificial light that flooded the small room.

"Welcome, Moragna."

My blood froze in my veins at the voice coming from behind me. Haggar was right behind me.

"What do you want with me?" I asked, trying to sound strong, my voice shook, I knew there was fear in my voice, too much to hide from her.

The witch didn't answer, she walked over to my side without a sound, the druid from before now gone from the room. It was just me and her alone.

Haggar stopped beside me, a wicked grin on her face. "You didn't think we were done here, did you?"

My eyes widened, my arm throbbing harder. "No, please no," I begged as the witch raised her hands and my vision suddenly faded to black as I was covered in the sensation of falling until it stopped as fast as it had started.

I opened my eyes, I was standing in the middle of a war zone. The ultimate battle between good and evil. In the far corner of the room stood Zarkon himself, frozen exchanging blows with the black paladin, Shiro. Sweat soaked his face and I could see an eerie weariness in his features. Blood caked half of his face, his white bags now tainted red, and his prosthetic was frozen mid-swipe at the emperor, inches from his face.