A Fairytale Love Story 1/2 (Prinxiety & Logicality)

Ship: RomanxVirgil (Prinxiety) ft. LoganxPatton (Logicality)
AU: Fairy tale AU
Warnings: Homophobia
Requested by: No one
Plot: A year of sneaking around seems to go to waste when Virgil gets cornered and attacked after a night with his best friend and their lovers.

~♧◇♡♤~♧◇♡♤~♧◇♡♤~

Most people would probably say he didn't know better. Most people would say he didn't know the other boy was a rival prince. Most people would dismiss it as rebellious teenager syndrome. Most people were wrong.

He knew what he was doing. He knew that he was essentially betraying his kingdom. He knew the other boy was the prince of the rival kingdom. He knew exactly what he was doing. The thing was, he didn't care. He didn't care how angry his parents would get. He didn't care how many problems it could cause if anyone found out. He didn't care that it could possibly start a war that would only end with massive death. He figured no one would know anyway. It was a close guarded secret that only one person knew, his best friend, and he knew wouldn't breath a word because he was in the same situation.

Prince Virgil and his best friend Patton and fallen for the enemy. The four were all close friends, and the only ones who knew. The two would sneak out of the castle late at night to meet with Prince Roman and Prince Logan in a tree house they had found in the forest and would spend most of the night there. That night was no different.

~♧◇♡♤~

Virgil met Patton at the door to his friends room, perks of being the kings ward. Neither boy said anything when Patton walked out, slipping on the black velvet cloak. They didn't greet each other with more than a smile as they started on their way to the 'back door' to the castle that lead to the forest. It wasn't until they were a good ways away from the castle that any words were exchanged between them.

"I've got a bad feeling Virge." Patton stated matter of factly, adjusting the hood on his head so the edge sat just off his forehead. "I don't know what about, but I do."

Virgil shrugged, "I don't know either Pat. We can leave earlier tonight if you would like."

The brunette shook his head slowly, "no, it'll be fine. There's just something telling me to keep my guard up." The darker haired boy nodded and they continued to chat casually as they walked to the tree. When they arrived, they heard the familiar voices of Roman and Logan. They shared a devious look and Patton quietly climbed up and snuck into a branch off to the side, near a window, but out of the site of the other boys. Virgil climbed the ladder to the chatting boys in the house.

"Hello!" Virgil smiled at them as he crawled over to sit next to his lover, to lazy to fully stand.

"Hello, love, where is Patton?" Roman asked after pressing a quick kiss to his lips.

Virgil noticed the immediate concern in Logan's eyes and smiled. "Is he okay? Is he not feeling well? Did he get sick? Is he dying?!"

"Why would you assume I'm dead?" Patton asked, sticking his head in through the window. The other two screamed in startlement as they laughed, Patton climbing in the window to hug Logan. Logan clung to Patton tightly for a moment before pressing a long, lingering kiss to his lips, making Patton giggle and smile at Logan when they pulled away. "Love you too, Logy."

~♧◇♡♤~

And that way how they spent their night, chatting, laughing, and lots of random kisses shared between the two couples. Eventually, they began to get tired, and knew they had to return to their respective kingdoms to sleep before they had to wake up the next day. As Roman and Logan headed home to the Alaliron kingdom, Virgil and Patton walked to their own home. The whole night, Virgil couldn't get what Patton said about something seeming off, off his mind. It was something even Patton himself had been attempting to ignore.