Chapter 4: Got it memorized

<The next morning>

Light came flooding through the windows in the large white room. The orange glow from the night before faded away back to a bright white glow. Namine woke up to find a sleepy Sora laying next to her. She smiled and stared at him, she was afraid the day before was just a dream and that she was still just a nobody with nobody to be hers. Her fears melted away as she looked at his hair, even sleep couldn't bring down those spikes. He looked even better in person, she could actually reach forward and touch his face if she wanted. No more spectating, no more crying and no more wishing. As long as he stayed in the castle and did not go into the sleep chamber where his memories can be recovered, then he could be hers forever. Namine kissed his cheek and decided to go make breakfast. She walked down the flight of 500 stairs softly as to not wake him. Namine wanted to give him something special. She went down stairs and into a dark room, this room was like no other room in the castle. Namine went into the room and closed it behind her. A portal appeared and from within a beautiful glow bled into the room. Namine looked inside the mysterious portal and walked through. Once Namine came out the other side, she could hear the sound of waves crashing, seagulls calling and the wind blowing. She was in Destiny Islands, Sora's old home. She looked around and took in the beauty of the island. "I see why he liked it here so much" she said aloud. "What?" said a unknown voice from behind. Namine turned around to see a girl standing behind her. "Who are you" said the girl. Namine frightened started running towards the portal, the girl running behind her. She grabbed Namine's arm and stopped her from running. They both stared at each other in silence. Namine quickly recognized the girl. "Kairi" she spoke. "H-how do you know my name?" Kairi asked. Namine pushed Kairi out of the way and ran for the portal once more, Grabbing a Paopu fruit on the way out. Kairi started running towards the portal as well, but Namine closed the portal just before she could enter. Namine fell to the castle floor, exhausted and scared. She had gone to other worlds before, but never to destiny islands. She just wanted to visit to get a Paopu fruit for Her and Sora. Legend says that if two people share a the Paopu fruit, their hearts will be connected and nothing can separate them. Namine wanted that for her and Sora So bad, and the fruit can only be found on destiny islands.