3

Megan's POV

An extremely attractive brunette woman that looked a few years older than me answered my knock almost right away. I held my hand out and introduced myself.

"Hello – I'm Megan Jones."

The brunette smiled warmly and shook my hand firmly. "Sadie Wilson, please come in. You're right on time."

"Thank you," I said, stepping in to the trailer. It was set up like a motor home with a small kitchen area and a table with a bed off to the back. Sadie looked really familiar, I just couldn't place her quite yet.

"So tell me a little about yourself, Megan and then I'll tell you what I'm looking for."

"Okay. I'm originally from Colorado Springs, Colorado. It's about an hour south of Denver." She nodded, so I continued. "I went to college for two years before deciding that I really didn't know what I wanted to do with my life, so I told my parents I didn't want to waste their money and decided to go try a few things before I went back to school. This spring I moved to New York to be a nanny for three great kids, but they ended up leaving the country recently, leaving me at loose ends."

"I see," she nodded understandingly. "Let me tell you a little about myself. I became an actress through a bizarre chain of events. The movies I've been in have done very well and the fans loved my character, so fast forward nine months and two movies later and I'm still playing her, as well as doing a couple other projects, which is why I need an assistant. My calendar has taken on a life of its own and I'm feeling a little... overwhelmed. Between learning lines and multiple film schedules, I just can't keep it all straight anymore."

"Wow, that sounds like a problem," I agreed. "I see why you need a PA."

She took a drink of her coffee and sighed. "There's still more - including press junkets and social commitments, so just managing my daily calendar is a full time job. I don't usually live here in New York; I have two teenage sons that live in South Dakota, which means I travel a lot so I can be with them as much as possible."

"That must be hard, having to be away from them so much," I said, knowing what that was like. I loved my family, but they didn't understand my wanderlust. If I'd stayed at home I'd already be married with at least one kid; instead I was on an adventure, and seeing the world - something I'd always wanted to do.

"It is. I probably should have broke down and done this months ago. Other details - when I'm on set, I need someone to answer my phone for me and sometimes run errands – 12 hour work days just don't leave enough time in the day to accomplish everything I'm used to doing myself. Still interested?"

I nodded. "Yes, I am. So it sounds like you mostly need someone to make sure you're where you're supposed to be and do whatever else needs to be done? Your sons don't need a babysitter anymore, right?"

"That's right. Liam's 16 and Isaac's 14, so no, they really don't need a babysitter. I have family that stay with them when I have to be gone. I'm not going to uproot them and drag them all over the country just because I have to film someplace for a couple weeks."

"Interesting," I said, just as the door opened.

"Knock knock," a tall man around my age said, poking his head in the door.

"Yes, Josh?" Sadie said, looking at him expectantly.

"Chris says you're needed on set, Sadie. The Russo's are making some changes – again."

She sighed. "I'll be right there; same set as yesterday?"

"Yup."

"Sorry about that," Sadie said, standing up. "Why don't you come observe for a little bit, Megan. I'm not sure how long they'll need me for this time so if you have another commitment and can't stay, I certainly understand."