5

Megan's POV

My phone buzzed shortly after I got to work with a text from Sadie. I snuck my phone out to check it while I waited for the rest of an order since cell phones didn't exactly fit in with the '50's motif.

Hey Megan, I know you're
working today, but would
you have time to meet with
Sebastian and Chris later
today? Sadie

I was super excited – I'd made the first cut, now I just had to ace this last part of the interview.

"Good news, sugar?" Emma asked, coming up next to me to start loading her tray with plates. "You look like you're ready to do a happy dance." She snapped her gum at me and I grinned. I was in such a good mood right now that even her gum snapping didn't bother me like it normally did.

"Yeah! Great news! I got a callback from that interview I went to yesterday." Most of the girls I worked with were actresses or showgirls, so they were all good about helping each other out if one of us had an audition or casting call.

"That's great! Do you need to leave early today?"

"Don't know yet. I'll tell you in a minute, Em." I went back into the kitchen so I could reply, typing fast. Louie wasn't here yet, so it would be okay as long as I didn't do this a lot.

Sure. I get off at 2, so
anytime after that's fine.

Great. 7 at Franny's ok?
I really love their pizza.

Yeah. I don't know where
that's at, but if you send
me the address I can find it.

I'll send you the details.
Thanks Megan.
See you tonight.

k. I have to get back to
work now. Thanks Sadie.

The address came through right after that, so I sent her a thumb's up emoji in reply. I came back out of the kitchen and started loading my tray.

"Thanks for the offer Em, but it's not until after my shift's over. It's pretty thoughtful of her to not insist I drop everything to meet up with her. I really hope I get this job. She's super nice."

"You will, Meg – how can you not be perfect for it? It's like the ad was written with you in mind or something."

"I didn't tell you about the hottie I met, did I?" I said as I walked away from the window.

"Tell me more, tell me more," Emma sang, and I could hear the smile in her voice. "Better yet, show me a picture of this dreamboat." I laughed at her attempt to use more old slang before giving my customers my full attention for a bit.

I decided to shower as soon as I got home. The worst thing about working at the diner was smelling like greasy food. I decided to scrub good to get all of the smell off me and mixed a little of my favorite vanilla sugar cookie Bath and Bodyworks lotion in with my body lotion. I knew Sadie didn't like strong perfumes, but I didn't either. Scented lotion or body spray was usually more than enough for me.

Since I had plenty of time yet, I blow-dried my hair, using my hairbrush to straighten it. It wasn't curly, but it had some wave to it so if I didn't pull it back or use heat on it, it didn't always do what I wanted it to.

I put on some dark washed skinny jeans and a cute sage green flowy top that brought out my eyes and set an alarm on my phone just in case I fell asleep. It wouldn't take me long to finish getting ready, but I knew it would take me at least 20 minutes to get to the pizza place.