Chapter 26 - Real Beauty

Hi beshies, sorry for the kinda late update. Took my hubby to the hospital for an aspiration procedure on a cyst in his kidney. Would appreciate including him in your prayers :) 

In this chapter, you will get a glimpse at the root cause of Maine's insecurity, and how Alden hopes to put a stop to it. Isn't it wonderful when we have people who serve as our defenders? 

I remember one instance when my brother and I had an argument that almost ended in him hurting me. I was already married then, lived near my parents, and to avoid further drama, my mom asked me to go home. 

When my husband opened the door to see me crying, he asked what happened and took me in. He left me and went to my parents' house to talk to them. I found out later that my hubby told my parents that if my brother laid as much as a finger on me, he apologized in advance to my parents that he would use force if he had to, to stop my brother. My parents understood, they were in fact glad that my hubby was protective of me.

Let us cherish our husbands and boyfriends, for they are our protectors at times when we need protecting, even from our families sometimes. 

Enjoy reading my dears, hope you guys have a great weekend:) 

Maine was looking at her laptop, deep in thought. She was staring at her laptop for quite a while when Alden passed by her cubicle to bring her food. He stole a kiss on her cheek and liked that she giggled when his nose nuzzled her under the ear.

"Buti naman tumawa ka. I bought you some ramen, galing kasi ako sa labas."

"Thanks baby, hindi pa nga ako nagla-lunch eh."

"Dami bang work?"

"Di naman, just thinking about.....stuff."

"Hmmm, something wrong?"

"So kuya kasi, uuwi for a reunion this weekend."

"Is that a problem?"

"He wants to meet you, Alden."

"Good. I want to meet him too. Same age kami diba?

"You're older than he is by one year, actually. Pero.....I don't know if you will hit it off."

"If you're worried about me, I'll behave, promise."

"Pwedeng.......if may alanganin siyang hirit about me, will you let it pass?"

"Ha? Teka lang..."

"See? That's what I'm afraid of eh. Please, baby. 'Yaan mo na siya, ayoko ng gulo."

"I will try my best to look the other way, ok? That's the best I can promise."

"Hay. Sige, I guess that's good enough."

"Eat your ramen, sweetie. It's piping hot. Parang ikaw."

"Landi mo talaga."

"Hot ka naman talaga eh. Lalo na pag hahawakan ko na yung---"

"Ssshhhh. Utang na loob Alden Richard Faulkerson."

-----

Alden parked his car outside Maine's house and took from his car a cake, a bottle of wine and an assortment of local spreads that he bought from his favorite Filipino deli. He wasn't sure what to expect from this meeting with her brother, but he wanted to make a good impression and made sure to dress properly.

Maine opened the gate and looked a bit nervous. She hugged him a trifle too tight, and he felt his heart tugged with protectiveness for her.

"You ok, baby?"