ღ6

Geni's POV.

Upon entering the house and scoping the hall and living room its as if no ones alive, at least not who I want to be there. So as I'm reaching to upstairs, there's a tap on my shoulder making jump and turn around quickly.

"Oh my--" I said.

"Sorry--h-how are you?" she speaks sympothectically .

"I-I'm okay and so is Mattie. I was gonna bring him up to bed."

"Okay then and--well David's not here; well for a little while."

"Awhile? Meaning what? Where is he?"

"In jail, but he'll be out soon. I'm sorry honey." my mom's voice breaks.

"Huh. But mom why can't we leave him? Like right now, pack up and go."

"Geni, I wish we could, but you knows he's with the police. He'll have someone track us down it's too risky." she explains.

"Well, mom I can't stay here and fear for my life forever."

"So where are you going to go?"

"I got called for a job and I'm running with it." I lied to her. "It's out of town."

"Gen, you don't have to do that, you know?"

"Yes I know but I want to and I'm going to."

Although the thought of leaving my family with this man hurts me; I just have to get away and find us a way out or I'll be stuck here just the same. I can't let Matty grow up being like David; that frightens me.

"But how?"

"I got it all covered." I supposed I did.

"Alright then I just  want you to be happy." she smiles.

"Trust me I'll be okay. Plus I met someone who can help me."

"That's great Gen who is he?"

"I-I don't know his name, but I'm gonna call him upstairs."

"Oh that's good news; I wish you the best of luck." she says "Don't forget I love you."

"Thanks mom and I love you too."

I felt telling mom about the unknow man would give her some knowledge that at least I was with someone I was happy with in helping me; or was I? But I am leaving Ci behind and Matty and my mom. Maybe I should stay for them and for him. Now I'm doubting my happiness; I'm going to go and be happy to help make my home life better.

As I'm going upstairs, Matty starts squirming so I guess he's waking up now. He lifts his head up and looks at me, while blinking his eyes open; so innocent and fragile.

--

"hey buddy." I say to him while entering his room.

"who's--?", he asks rubbing his eyes awake, "do we have a new daddy?

"ha-ha no, but he's a person who's gonna help me." i then gently put him down in his bed.

"o-oh okay--is he a good hugger?"

"hmm, i don't know. but surprisingly my other friend is." i said smiling to myself.

"oh?" he pulled the cover up some "like daddy?" 

"exactly like daddy." he smiled happily.

"whopee, can i get a hug?" he opens his arms.

"of course you can." i gave him a warm hug as he did me. 

"thank you geni. i missed you." he then pouted some.