25 - Simply lunch?

Thanks for all you comments, following and patience. It's time for a new chapter. Enjoy.

I tried my best but there are surely still mistakes in this chapter. I'm still looking for a beta for this Story.

_______________________________________________________

With a smiling Teddy sitting on his shoulders Eric made his way towards the pit. Today as a big day for Dauntless â€" Initiation was finished and like every year there would be a big celebration in the pit. Eric wasn't sure how Teddy would react to the chaos. But since his observation of his son let him to believe that Teddy seemed to have catch on to Dauntless, the young father felt optimistic. Until now Teddy had already been at the pit a couple of times and of lately even during lunch time. Today would be no different except for the celebration. On their way Eric reminded Teddy on the explanation he had given him the previous evening. Upon entering he made his way over to the other leaders.

"So what did I miss?" Eric asked instead of a greeting.

"Nothing so far… hey, you brought Teddy." Sean said ruffling the boy's hair.

"Hi Teddy."

"Hi Sean."

"Look after him for a minute? I'd like to get something to eat for us." Eric ask the older man, who nodded in response: "Sure".

.

.

.

Mia's POV

Mia jogged toward the dining hall of the pit. There had been some stitching up due to a fight that got physical and now she feared that she was about to miss the fun and Eric. She had a special interest in hearing this year's speech. Things tend to change when the speaker is your boyfriend. Skittering around the last corner Mia saw to her relieve that everyone still eating. Good. Now walking she made her way over to the counter when someone bumped into her, making her stumble backwards against someone - someone big and solid.

"Watch it." That someone said resentful in a familiar voice, then turning around, he added surprised: "Oh, it's you."

"Hi Eric." Mia greeted him cheerfull.

The more she got to know him the deeper Mia was falling for him. Whenever Eric had checked on injured initiates, he had always taken the time to talk to her for a while. They had also spent every possible evening together and then it was rather cute seeing Eric interact with Teddy, a quality she would never have guessed she'd ever linked with Eric if someone would have asked her a couple of month ago. Mia had also come to known his insecurities and therefore explained: "Sorry, but someone rushed by me and made me stumble," knowing now that things like that made the young leader feel disrespected.

"I see." Eric acknowledged curtly albeit friendly. He was looking at her empathically and appeared to be contemplating something.

'He has beautiful eyes' Mia thought gazing up with her neck put back. Her heart started pacing while she lost herself in his grey eyes. Eric tilted his head to the side and there was a small smile around his mouth. Did he catch her staring? The young woman felt the heat creeping up her neck.

Interrupting her thoughts he suddenly he asked: "Care to join us at the leaders table?"

"Um yeah, sure." She hurried to say, feeling slightly awkward. Though Eric was her boyfriend, she felt always a little embarrassed whenever he caught her staring, which happened ever so often. Although she strongly suspected him to secretly like it.