29 - Trial 2

Hi there! Thanks for all your incouragement. I honeslty lost track of time. After I realized how much time had passed I immediatly speeded up my writing. So here it is. Enjoy.

Eric's POV

Dauntless youngest leader showed no outward emotions as he sat waiting outside the courtroom though he felt relieved that the days of waiting were over. His two "favorite" Candor minions had been tasked as his guards and were waiting with him until it was time for him to be questioned. Eric snorted inwardly. These two wouldn't stand a chance if he decided to be even slightly uncooperative but the way there were acting they had no clue. It was funny how they had the illusion of having he upper hand. Suddenly he heard loud voices at the other side.

'Shit! What happened in there? Is Teddy okay. And Mia? She would be with Teddy, or would Candor forbid that? They better not.'

Then he was able to recognize his son's voice along with his name: "Eric! Eric!"

At the spilt of a second he was on his feet and on his way to the court room.

"Hey stop! Where do you think you are going?" Minion one shouted angry while minion two tried to step in his way. Without further ado Eric knocked them out cold. He had no time play nice. With only a few strides he was in front of the door only to found it locked.

"Fuck!" 'Who in their right mind would lock a room full of people?'

With the ease of years of practice Eric stepped back a little and used the full force of his body to tear that darn thing to pieces of splintering wood.

He scanned the room quickly for Teddy and was relieved to found him safe in Mia's arms.

"Mia! Teddy!" Shouting their names he quickly made his way over to them while shoving anybody out of his way who wasn't quick enough to make way. People were running around alarmed, resentful or scandalized, some confused about what was going on. Eric saw Sean along with Jack and Mike making their way down to Mia. He was glad to see them here to support him and his little family. Eric then focused his attention solely on them.

"Eric! You came!" Teddy cried out in relief. The little boy switched from Mia to Eric in a heartbeat once he reached them and then clung to him.

"Eric!" Mia also addressed him with obvious relief, "I'm so glad to see you." He hugged her close with his free arm, trying to calm himself now that he was with his family again and he had assured himself of their wellbeing.

"Mia, what happened?" He asked but was interrupted by Kang who at the same time wanted to know the same and was telling him he shouldn't be in the courtroom.

The young father turned to the Candor leader and glared at him hissing: "You have the nerve to tell me that when I find my son crying? He is no criminal! What did you do to him? Damn! I trusted you Kang!"

The following exchange of words were filled with animosity from Eric's side and defending and explanations from Kang's. Meanwhile chaos hat quieted down a bit once the people realized that Eric didn't seemed to attack anybody and Teddy had stopped his cries. Eric, who saw Sean and his friends retreating to their seats, now that Teddy and Mia were alright, then tensed when his eyes caught sight of Four.

'Damn that fucker!' By now he was certain that he had had to thank that maroon for this, having had enough time down in his cell to think about it. 'Just wait till this is over.' Eric thought darkly.

Kang, who had agreed to continue with the trial with Teddy still in the room since the boy wouldn't let go, tried to get the order reinstalled for Eric' questioning.