Chapter Seven: Beast Within

The night was dark and the room was scented heavily with herbs that made my muscles relax. My instinct was still and quiet, satisfied by the fiery haired female who lay bathed in moonlight. I watched her as those runes pulsed faintly on her skin, their colour was white but so faint if I had not been watching I would not have seen them at all.

Such a strange creature she was. She liked mouthing me off even as she enjoyed what I did to her. She was also physical, liked hitting me. It was why I had her pinned down. I knew it would bother her greatly to not be able to retaliate for my marks on her skin. I gave a low rumble of amusement at that, her pouty lips had quivered as she had struggled against my hold, her eyes begging me to let her go but she was too demanding and demanding females didn't get what they wanted.

However it didn't seem to matter to her because she enjoyed the breeding just as much as I had, even demanding another one as she murmured half asleep. I was satisfied that I had made my mark on her. She would crave me again. That suited me just fine because I knew I would crave to be buried deep within her every chance that presented itself. Until such a time that we left she would be a willing bed partner and it would provide me with enough memories to keep me company on the cold nights out in the wild.

I tilted my head as I looked at her pale skin. She was a fine female, soft and delicate in her form. Looking at her asleep could make one think that she couldn't take hard touches of hands hands or teeth but I knew just how well she took them, craved them. The remembrance of her scent in my nose and the taste of her on my tongue had my body clenching all over again.

I brushed it away as I looked around the dark room. It was the space of a pampered female. She had no male hanging around but it was clear she pampered herself regardless. Such a fine female wouldn't last out in the wilds, it was clear she loved fine silks and laces. I knew I could not fault her for that. Our own breeders were highly pampered. They were placed in lush and rich spaces, showered with anything their hearts desired if it meant allowing a male between their legs.

I was well aware we spoiled the breeders to distraction but we were simple creatures and if bestowing a female with a grand golden necklace meant we got to breed, we would do so. It was why warlocks made me curl my lip up. They had so many breeders and yet they treated them poorly, banished them for breaking rules. I was aware that I was not compatible with the female, aptly named BamBam, to produce offspring. I could smell it, the faint bitter scent that my seed would not take within her. However it did not stop me or my instinct from curling up our lips at the fact she had been banished to the outer edges of the Territory.

We knew this was no place for a breeding female, witch or otherwise. There were the worst of the species that lingered in the Outer Edges. She might have used her magick differently, been able to protect herself quicker than most but if a delinquent Fae caught her or a brutal human, there was little she could do to protect herself.

Protect her

My instinct slithered up lazily and I narrowed my eyes at that. I wished to protect her as did my instinct but my duty to Bo overrode everything else. We would sacrifice the female for Bo's safety if it came to that. With that thought I stood up quickly from the bed, grabbing my jeans from the floor and shoving my legs into them. I crept from the room, moving silently through the house before I stood in front of the little female's room.

I sniffed the air experimentally as I watched the blue runes pulse on the door softly. I wasn't sure about the magick but my instinct wasn't warning me to be wary of it. My instinct never drove me wrong so I hesitantly reached out and brushed my knuckles against the door. The magick didn't strike out against me or move from its position so I relaxed, pushing the door open into the bedroom.