Chapter Twenty: Rule Breaker

I stared at the werewolf who loomed over me but I felt no danger from him, a sense of comfort and security despite the anger in his eyes that begged to destroy me. I had betrayed him but I had my reasons. "He kidnapped me, Ren." I said the words slowly. I had never felt more violated than I had in that stupid King's bedroom. "He had me stripped and left me exposed for his viewing as if I was nothing but a pretty doll he could play with." I ground my teeth together. His eyes on me brought me no pleasure, it brought me wariness and hate. I didn't like that arrogant fucking male. He had played games with my life and violated the consent of my body. That meant I didn't even respect his fucking title!

Ren looked at me and his eyes flashed yellow and gleamed. There was a part of him that wanted to trust me, I knew there was. I just needed to make it grow as his hand fisted at the back of my head, capturing my hair tightly as he pulled me a fraction closer, letting me feel his breath against my skin. I shivered under it, never letting my eyes drop from his. "He took me to the balcony, sung a pretty song of lies and offered me a deal I never intended to take." I never wanted that fucking warlock! And it burned me to have to play like I did.

Ren snarled at me, his face growing more angluar. "But you did!"

"Did I?" I snapped the words out. "I was in nothing but skimpy lingerie, next to the King of the fucking Covens, who had me on a balcony over looking a very long fall." I wasn't fucking stupid. The King hadn't been giving me the option of a no. My no would have had me tossed over the edge. I might have survived the fall but then I would have been taken to the dungeons. "I did what I had to, to make it back to you!" I wouldn't be questioned on what I did. Everything I did was to make sure I made it back to protect the stupid idiot in front of me.

"So when he told me he would give me anything to have me cooperate, I asked him if I could kill you after it was done. And the stupid fucking idiot bought it." I narrowed my eyes at the werewolf. "It brought me right to the altar, right next to you, and to Bo. And it gathered all the fucking assholes into one place so I could fucking kill them all." No one took what I wanted away from me and I wanted Ren and Bo. "Do you fucking get it, you dense piece of shit?" He let me go, leaning back as he looked at me through narrowed eyes.

I pulled myself to sitting as I glowered right back at him. "Currently, fuck you, you ungrateful bastard. I want my beauty." I stood up, walking away from him, seeking the little female out with my magick, feeling my spell still on her. I made a beeline right to her tree before I waved my hand, removing the spell I had placed on her to protect her ears. "Bo-Peep?" I looked up and she jumped out of the tree, giggling as I caught her, spinning her around and peppering her face with relieved kisses. "You did so well!" I pressed my cheek to hers holding her tightly to my chest. She had played her part perfectly, doing just as I said.

A warm arm wrapped around me and Ren pushed his forehead against my temple, a rumbling in his chest as he pulled me closer, claws tapping against my skin. "Witchling stupid." He said the words low and rasping and my mouth dropped open.

"Excuse me? I'm a fucking genius!" Not just anyone could have crafted my plan in the span of ten minutes and have it be executed perfectly without any practice. "I played the King of the Covens like a two bit fiddle, I got everyone I absolutely hated into one area, and had the foresight to paint runes on Bo that triggered when the warlocks touched her, turning her into a fucking incendiary bomb that killed a bunch of enemies." I sniffed, turning my head away from him as Bo giggled, nuzzling my cheek with her nose.

"Bam smart." At the two words I felt myself melt before pressing a kiss to her cheek.

"Thank you, lovey." I leaned my forehead against hers with a soft smile. "Let's go home." I pulled away and she nodded happily.

Ren let out a faint growl, shaking his head. "Cabin's destroyed." I slowly turned to look at him, my eyes narrowing.

"This stupid witch has a second cabin hide away on a different dimensional plain because she is too paranoid to trust anyone." I sniffed at him before turning my head away. The asshole called me stupid. That was one way to get permanently cock blocked.

A rumble of a chuckle vibrated his chest as his grip tightened on me. "Smart witch." He nearly breathed the word into my ear and I narrowed my eyes. He knew me being upset wasn't conducive to getting him laid.

"Too late now. My feelings are hurt." I ignored him as he brushed his nose across my jawline, even though I shuddered under the feeling. I waved my hand, calling up the familiar portal to my inter-dimensional hide out. I watched it open up and glow around the edges. I headed for it but Ren's grip stopped me short. I slowly turned to look at him, narrowing my eyes. "Hands off." I dared him to ignore me. "We've got to go." I gestured to the portal and flicked his arm off my waist before walking through the portal.

A warm and sweet air brushed over me as I landed on the plain that I had carefully created over the year I had been banished. I set Bo down, she seemed to handle the portal better than her last one. She giggled and took off right towards the tire swing hanging on the large oak tree in front of the cabin. Ren's arms wrapped around me as I watched Bo jump onto the swing.

"They won't find us here." Locator spells wouldn't reach across the dimensions. No one would ever be able to find us. We needed that because the fact I double crossed the King of the Covens while I had both middle fingers high in the air meant I didn't have any more friends in the Territory.

"Still betrayed us." His voice was low and I could tell it was still bothering him. "Punish you later." He didn't need to specify for what as I felt him pressed against my ass.

"Its not punishment if I enjoy it." I smirked slightly at how he stiffened at my words before a rumble vibrated his chest. I knew anything he did to me I would enjoy. Even if I was miffed at him for calling me stupid. "As for the betrayal, you are safe now and most of those dicks are dead. I would call that debt paid." I had taken out a few werewolves as well as numerous witches. I thought it was hilarious that Ren and I had single-handedly united the two species who had been segregated for more than six hundred years, by pissing them off enough to give them a common enemy.

"Still hunt us." His voice was guttural and I nodded. They would and I would have to make sure Ren made it worth the target on the back of my head.

"Yup. I double crossed the Warlock King. That's a very large target painted on us." I made a face. The guy was very attractive but pretty didn't cover asshole and that man was all sorts of asshole. I didn't doubt for a moment that he would have pitched me off the balcony if I had said no to him. "Stupid prick deserved it." I narrowed my eyes, watching Bo as she swung on the swing underneath the vastness of the stars.

"What he offer you?" The question was asked low and against my ear but I knew what he was referencing.

"Besides a castle and to be queen? He offered me a son." A sweet little boy that I ached to have in my arms. How I imagined what he had told me, a sweet cherubic little boy that called me mummy and gave me sticky kisses. "But he can't give me the son I want." I looked up at Ren, meeting his dark gaze, nearly finding myself lost in it. The animalistic gleam in Ren's eyes was something I knew no warlock could ever give my children. "Because I want a little boy who's eyes gleam."