Chapter Eleven: Know When to Fold Them

I scowled at the oily engine, trying hard to get the fan belt back on the roller. My hand slipped and my knuckles bashed against the engine block. I cursed at the pain and Bo giggled. "Need help, bapa?" She patted my back and I held out my throbbing hand behind me. She grabbed it in her tiny hands and kissed the back of it before patting it gently.

"Much better, knyaginya." I grinned as she gave another giggle, letting my hand go. I wiggled my fingers at her. "Pass me the screwdriver." There were a few moments before I felt the screw driver being placed on my palm. I pulled my hand back down to where I was holding the fan belt before I wiggled the screw driver into place, grunting as I twisted the roller. The piece of shit refused to move and I wiggled the screwdriver back and forth in my attempt to get it back on the roller.

Bo drummed her little hands on my back as she hummed happily and I couldn't shake the grin of my face. I liked it when my little female was pleased enough to hum. She didn't do it enough while on the run. I disliked how I had to take her from her room of pink and purple silks and satin cushions and into the cold and unforgiving wilds. I knew it was for her safety but it didn't stop my inherent guilt at my inability to make sure she was comfortable and safe.

"I like Bam." At the excited words she grabbed my shirt, yanking at it frantically.

"The little witchling is amusing." I gave another grunt as I finally managed to get the roller to spin and the belt to slide into place. Bo continued to pull at my shirt, grunting herself with her frustration. I stood up, my back cracking from being bent over for so long and I looked at the little female. She was dressed in a pink sundress that BamBam had gotten for her, her hair in messy pigtails as she grinned at me from her spot on the front of the truck.

"She's fun!" She launched at me and I caught her with ease, holding her against my hip as I closed the hood of the truck. It was still a piece of shit but at least it wasn't in danger of imminently dying.

"She's something." She was hot, wicked, and a tease. Just the reminder of her was starting to stir my cock back up to full attention after I had spent so long getting it to settle down as I worked on the truck. It didn't help that all I could picture was pulling down those jeans and seeing her bare before me.

The cabin door flew open and the female in question came barrelling out, her chest heaving and her eyes wide. "We have unwanteds inbound. Get your ass in the house!" I didn't even question her words, running for the open door with her close behind. Bo's safety was paramount to everything and once she was safe I would protect her as I was supposed to. I slowed down as I got inside and BamBam shoved at my back, pushing me towards her bedroom. "Need to shut down the portals, my bedroom is the only real room in the house." I gave a heavy growl, unable to help myself at the threats that had been announced.

I headed straight for the room, aware of the witch right behind me but the moment I got into the room she slammed the door closed behind me. I set Bo down and tried to open the door but a force repelled me back. "Sorry, sexy, but I gotta do as I do and you dying is not in my cards right now." Her voice was muffled and I bared my teeth and threw myself at the wooden door but was violently thrown backwards. The magick sent me stumbling away from any of BamBam's things and I gave a heavy snarl that made Bo whimper.

I took another run at the door and was once again thrown onto my ass. I got to my feet and Bo scrambled onto BamBam's bed, hiding underneath the covers. I shook my head rapidly moving closer to the door, testing out how close I could get before the magick would send me back. I came within inches but the moment I reached for the handle I was shoved away.

I bared my teeth as I could hear movement on the other side. Two sets of footsteps could be heard and I could smell the were immediately.

Protect