Chapter 1 Lothali Training Grounds.

<Comes directly at the end of Book 2 Chapter 13, after Neeran has asked Hiccup whether he'd rather train on Lothal or Cularin...>

Lothal was Hiccup's favourite planet.

Cularin was definitely another close favourite of his, but Lothal only just pipped it. Its sweeping plains studded with strange mound shaped rocks and infrequent communication towers were relaxing for the constantly distracted and unfocused Padawan of Neeran Zaneshi.

The trio were currently there continuing his formal Jedi training. He'd come off school a few hours previous and, after joining Neeran and Zach at their present place of residence, the Bridgers house, the three of them had left for the plains just outside of the city limits. Hiccup had been confused initially as to why Neeran required him to attend non-Force Sensitive school on Lothal but now understood the reasoning behind it.

Not everything was simple and could be solved in the ways used by the Jedi.
Sometimes, it required a little outside thinking from a non-Force Sensitives perspective.

"Is something wrong?" asked Hiccup. "You seem... distant."
"I'm just thinking," replied Neeran, blocking Hiccup's attack and moving in with the counter. "The Council wants us to go to Corellia. Something's going on amongst members of its shippers and shipwrights class. Council suspects defection on their behalf."
"Are you considering it?" asked Hiccup, continuing with the exercise as they talked. Zach chimed in this time.
"Ignoring the Council is never a wise career move. However..."

"However...," prompted Hiccup.
"Corellia is not exactly a place where we're liked," explained Neeran. "May have been involved in destroying some pretty big criminal organisations assets beyond any forms of salvage and repair."
"You have some crazy adventures," said Hiccup, slightly envious of his Masters and their adventures.

"Weren't that fun when we were involved," said Neeran. "But I don't think that anything will sprout form this."
"What makes you say that?" asked Hiccup as the pair deactivated their lightsabers.
"That classes grumblings usually are the result of something not doing them any favours and causing them hinderances in their operations," explained Neeran. "Never anything really serious."

"You're seriously considering going?" asked Zach.
"I think we'll be fine."

Neeran, Zach and Hiccup had no idea as to what they'd gotten themselves into at that point by involving themselves in the affairs of Corellia...