Chapter 35- Gone

Chapter 35- Gone

"I need to talk to you."

"Tammy, I need to talk to you."

"Please reply."

"I don't want us to be like this."

"It would mean a lot if you replied."

"Common... it's been weeks."

Throughout the many weeks of summer following the pool party I've been receiving various texts from the one person I don't want to talk to.

It bothered me every time he sent me a text; I don't want to talk to him or even think about him right now. He has confused me about everything and talking to him will not make it less confusing. Talking to him will just add feul to the fire.

My boyfriend, Austin, was uneasy about what happened at that pool party, but after a while he stopped acting so uneasy. You know, constantly asking if he's around or if I've talked to him lately. I answered no to both of them, relieving him. He eventually stopped asking after my answers were the same each time. I know he was doing it to protect my feelings.

When I asked him how he felt about everything that my best friend said his reply was he wasn't that surprised. He said when you're friends with a guy for so long one or another is bounded to develop feelings for the other. No boy and girl best friendship ever work out without one liking another.

Needless to say, he knows that department pretty well and he's ok with his feelings for me as long as I don't return them.

Austin has also been away lately due to his interviews and meet and greets. After all once you gain fame you need to do a lot to keep it and it's a 24 hour job so I don't blame him. He promised he would come see me as much as possible, but lately it has been worst. Almost every day his schedule was full of things he must do or places he must attend. And since his tour is approaching rapidly he is called for rehearsals.

Of course he still makes the time for me during the little moments he had to himself, which I though was very kind and sweet of him.

When I'm not texting Austin or spending time with my parents I am usually at Taylor's house. Because of everything that happened, we hadn't much girl time so when she invited me over to her house after the party I was eager to spill my guts and do all those girly things you do at sleepovers.

Eventually we got around to Rebecca. After spending time with her outside of school Taylor realized the girl who made my lunch terrible everyday was actully not a bad person. Infact, Rebecca acted like a so called Popular Bitchy Girl only to keep people in check so the wrong people don't climb up the social ladder and currupt things. Such as bullying people and cheating and lying. Hence the so called plan to ruin Amy, but it did embarress Amy at the end so it wasn't a complete backfire on her part.

I was leaving for Taylor's house on one sunny day in August when the person I didn't want to see was standing right in front of me when I opened the door.

"Hey-"

I slammed the door in his face. No, I don't recall reply to any of his texts or inviting him over.

I debated on taking the back door out of the house, but I realized I would have to got to the front yard to get into my car. Even if I make a run for it I still won't make it. So did the only thing I could do. I opened the door.

"Hey, sorry about that. You just surprised me." I told him. The door was open in a way that I wasn't inviting him in or not letting him in. I do prefer him not coming in, though, since that would mean I would have to talk to him more.