After the attack

The next day, school was obviously cancelled due to the amount of damage after the attack. You took that opportunity to help out trapped victims in the building debris along with Sonic. Whilst you were in the air, flying and looking down on the city, Sonic was running around the city to look from a closer range.

"Karen, scan the city and look for remaining victims." You ordered.

"I'm scanning right now... There seems to be a pair of young twins 3 km East away from your position." She answered.

"Let's go." You ordered and you flew to the location when you get a call from Sonic via his communicator on his wrist. You pick up the call.

"How's it going so far on your side Y/N?" He asked.

"Perfect. How about you?" You asked.

"Great!" He replied and then you suddenly heard a cry from his communicator. "Shit. Sounds like a poor kid's trapped. See ya later!" He finished and ended the call.

"How far are we from the trapped victim?" You asked Karen.

"You've just arrived. You can land." She answered and you did as told, landing on the ground. "Scanning for victim...-" she was cut off as you heard a familiar cry from a pile of rubble to your left.

"I guess there's no need for scanning." You mumbled. "Hello?! Is someone there?!" You called.

"Help me!!! I'm stuck!!!" The feminine and familiar voice replied followed by loud groans. "My arm is stuck!!"

"Hold on I'll get you out of there! Cover your eyes!" You ordered and aimed your metallic arm at the rubble at fired a bunch of small missiles, destroying the trap. You heard her cough and cry and followed the sound. You saw her good arm and pulled her out of the rubble, you recognized her as your best friend Sakura. "Sakura!" You accidentally said her name out loud in shock. Her arm is covered in blood and is in an awkward position.

"Thanks for saving me...! H-How do you know my name?" she asks.

"I have my ways..." You replied. 

"My friend Catherine!" she starts but yelps in pain as she realized that her arm was broken. "S-She was with me! We got s-separated! And Y/N too! She disappeared! Oh god please let them be safe...!" She begged as she held her arm. 

"I'll find your friends... I promise." You told her in a soft tone. "First we need to get you in a hospital." You rose your arm in the air and fired a firework to inform nearby helicopters to know where you are and you were right as you heard the sound of them. "Stay safe Sakura." You left her as the helicopter lowers down, allowing men to climb down and pick her up.

"Jeez I sure hope her arm will be okay. It looked pretty bad." You mumbled. You were about to walk but the ground under you broke before you could do anything and you fell, landing on a puddle of water. "Ow..."

"Y/N, are you alright? You have not sustained any physical damage." Karen reported as you groaned. 

"I'm fine." You looked at your jet boots and saw sparks flying out. "Looks like I won't be able to fly out of here." You looked up from the hole above you. 

"Y/N, I think there is someone trapped here." Karen said. "The sensors can sense soft whimpering and another voice.

"Right. Lead me to them." You ordered and your helmet projected light in front of you in the dark sewers. "Sure hope I don't run into ninja turtles or a crocodile monster..." You mumbled as you walked towards the direction shown in your visor.

"That is very much impossible." Karen answered.

"Go figure." You continued to walk down until the whimpering turned into horrifying screams. You ran as fast as you could to the place, you turned to the corner and saw the most terrifying thing you've ever seen. There you saw your best friend Catherine curled up in a ball, all bloody and shaking. She noticed your presence and screamed, backing up even closer to the wall. 

"NO NO NO!!! HELP ME! SOMEONE HELP!!! STAY AWAY FROM ME!!" She yelled.

"Cat! Cat relax I'm here to help you!" You tried to calm her down but it obviously wasn't working as she jumped onto you, trying to fight you. "Catherine!! Catherine it's me!!" you said as you pushed her back and pinned her against the wall, ripping off your helmet from your head so she could know it was you. "It's me Y/N!"

She stopped struggling and looked at you wide-eyed while you gave her a soft look. She hugged you and cried her eyes out. You patted her head set her down on the floor, still hugging. Eventually she calmed down and let go of you. 

"Y-Y/N... H-How...? Why...? W-Whe-en...?" She asked weakly.

"I'll explain it all to you once we get you out of here. What happened to you...?" You asked her.

"I... No... You..." She tried to say something but she was cut off as she remembered something. "BOMB! Get out of here Y/N!!" Zhe pushed you away from her as she back away from you.

"W-What? Dude what are you talking about? If there's a bomb here then let's both get out of here!" You told her, grabbing her arm but she pushed you away again. 

"The bomb is ME!" She yelled. "You only have two minute left! GET OUT OF HERE!" 

"I'm not leaving you!! Who did this to you?!" You asked, yelling as tears streamed down your face. "Catherine you're not dying on my watch!!"

"We're too late! I'm going to DIE here!" She cried. "Y/N, I love you and Sakura so much, you guys are the most wonderful people I've ever met!! Keep following your dreams and more importantly stay away from So-" She was cut off by the sound of a loud beep and the next thing you knew, you blacked out.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll leave it in a cliffhanger since you've all been waiting for a new chapter! Sorry I took so long, school's starting to get intense >.< 

Luckily though, next week is our school October break so I'll have more time in my hands to update :D 
See ya'll in the next chapter ;)