Epilogue

6 years had passed.

6 years since your furry friends had gone back to their home world.

6 years since Sonic left.

6 years since you shared your last kiss with the blue hedgehog.

"Hard to believe it's been this long." Akira commented as she drank her coffee.

"It felt like a dream." Sakura added, taking a sip from her green tea.

"Definitely, I mean look at us: Sakura you're a doctor in one of the most famous hospitals in the country, Akira you're head of your own fashion company and I'm a police officer." You said, taking a bite of your chocolate croissant.

"And spy~" Akira cooed which made you choke. "Come on, we're your closest friends, of course we know you're a spy for the government.

"Damnit..." You sighed.

"Don't worry, we'll keep it a secret." Sakura reassured you.

"Thanks girls." You thanked them.

You and your two best friends were in a local cafe, taking a break from your jobs to see each other for the first time in a long while. You three reminiscent the past, laughing at how foolish you all were and disclose past secrets. You were having a great time.

"So I heard Chris is working on a portal to Sonic's world huh?" Akira said and you nodded.

"He's been working on it for a while now." You added. "He's determined."

"He's got some guts, making a portal to see his pal." She said.

"If I did the same studies as him then I would've done the same." You remarked.

"Just to see your boyfriend?"

"Yup."

"Have you ever actually thought about getting an actual guy as your boyfriend? Not to sound mean or anything..." Sakura interrupted.

"What do you mean?" You questioned.

"Well... Sonic's a hedgehog from another world and you're a beautiful human being from this world. Don't you think... it just doesn't correspond?" She asked.

"She does make a point. Wouldn't you rather have a normal life in this world with a guy who can be just like Sonic?"

"No, I don't want a 'normal' life. If anything, it's been my dream to have a life where I can go out on awesome adventures and fight crime. It's... hard for anyone to understand that." You explained.

"You're right about that; we don't understand." Akira said in a bored tone.

"That's what makes you special." Sakura reassured you.

"I guess..." You responded. There was an awkward silence until you spoke up. "I've got to tell you the truth guys... Chris called me two hours ago telling me that the portal is complete."

"Fantastic!" Akira exclaimed.

"So that means..." Sakura started.

"I'll be moving to Sonic's world." You finished which made Akira suddenly put down her empty cup of coffee.

"Holy shit you were actually serious about everything." She said quickly.

"Well... Yeah." You responded, raising a brow.

"You're actually going there and never coming back?" She continued.

"...Yes."

"I can't believe it... You're ditching us!"