Maria's wish, everyone's wish

You woke up from your slumber at the sudden sound of the alarm. You sprint from the bed you were sleeping in and into the place where the alarm mentioned; "Area M14". You vaguely remember where it was thanks to Rouge who gave you a tour of the colony. You ran and ran until you heard the sound of big footsteps, the one that belongs to the X-Cyclone, basically X-Tornado but with legs! You huffed out and sped up until the door in front of you opened and you saw the X-Cyclone standing in the center of the area with a huge light flashing on it. You saw on the side was Eggman with a huge claw crane holding Amy and Tanaka laying on the floor.

"I've been waiting for you, Sonic." Eggman said. "Give me that Chaos Emerald, or else she's going to die."

"Hmm... Let me think." Sonic answered while scratching his head.

"Excuse me?" Amy snapped.

"Will you still not give up when I do this?" Eggman said as he made the claw squeeze Amy which made her yell out in pain.

"Let her go Eggman!" You yelled, coming out of your hiding spot.

"Or what? Have you forgotten that you're only weapon that made you an actual hero is destroyed?" He taunted with an evil laugh which made you clench your fist. "You're nothing without that suit, Y/N. You're useless to everyone now."

"Enough, Eggman." Sonic interrupted. "Fine, I'll give you the emerald."

"Put the emerald in the center of the circle." Eggman instructed.

Sonic walked to the center of the circle and placed the emerald on the ground. "You're finally acting like a real villain." He commented. "I see you in a whole new light."

Suddenly, a glass container dropped from the ceiling and landed on Sonic, trapping him inside along with the Chaos Emerald. You called Sonic's name and ran to the container, dropping into your knees and pressing your hands against it.

"I'll send you out into space and blow you up!" Eggman said.

"Wait!" Tails interrupted with the X-Cyclone stepping in front of Sonic's view. "I'll give you the real Chaos Emerald!"

"What? You mean that Chaos Emerald is a fake?" Tails immediately regretted what he said and covered his mouth with his hand. "If it's a fake then I don't have to restrain myself."

"Stop! Let Sonic go!" Amy yelled at Eggman.

"Amy, take care." Sonic said with a smile. He looked over at Tails. "I leave the rest to you Tails."

"Sonic..." Tails and Amy mumbled in usion.

"Y/N." He called and you looked at him with teary eyes. He placed his hands in the same spot as yours on his side of the container and smiles warmly at you. "You're important to everyone, with or without your suit. You've done amazing things as yourself."

"Sonic... I-"

"You mean a lot to me, so take care of yourself."

"Farewell, Sonic the Hedgehog!" Eggman said as he pushed the button and the platform under Sonic opened, making him fall into space. You and Amy yelled out his name with tears streaming down your faces as you witnessed the container explode.

"Too bad for you, but he's gone. Now give me the last Chaos Emerald." Eggman ordered.

"I'm not running away!" Tails exclaimed. "Amy,Y/N and Tanaka, hide somewhere because it's going to get dangerous here!"

Amy sadly nodded and grabbed your wrist, running to a safe spot with Tanaka. Tails and Eggman shot at each other, both were able to dodge them however they received damage on their vehicles. As they both continued to shoot, Tails ended the battle with a laser beam directly hitting the Eggmobile square in the middle, sending him flying back and hitting the way as well as the X-Cyclone. Tails came out of the plane while coughing as you and Amy went to his side, asking if he was okay. However before any of you could celebrate, Eggman grabbed the Chaos Emerald from the plane with his claw crane and disappeared inside a lift. You all leave the room and walked through some sort of bridge where you ran into Knuckles who was holding the Master Emerald. You told him what happened to Sonic.