8. interruptions

🚨
so... i tried a different kind of manip! what do you think? which kind do you prefer?

The doorbell dings, the ringing of it echoing throughout the large suite and interrupting me from my fast-paced packing, initiating a smile to grace my lips

Today things will be different.

"He's here!" I tell Ryan, turning around from my suitcase on the floor, meeting his eyes while he folds the clothes from my dresser to pack.

Today is when many things will change.

Ryan rushes to my side to help me up from the floor so I don't lose my balance, hugging me earnestly with the warmest of grins, then pulling back to meet my eyes.

"I'm honestly really happy for you!" My friend exclaims, the two of us feeling bittersweet about today.

I'm moving in with my boyfriend who I never thought I'd see again, but it means I won't be roommates with my best friend anymore for now on until... until I don't know when.

"Thanks Ry, I just... I need you to know that this doesn't mean the dream team is over. You know—"

"We'll always be the real life 21 Jumpstreet, babe. No matter how far apart we are," he completes my sentence, embracing me once more.

"Alright, now go on and answer the door! Don't keep the man waiting!" I'm encouraged, sent practically skipping off to my bedroom door, though I spin on my heels and give Ryan a last glance.

"I cant believe I'm about to live with my crush..." the awe in my words sounds exactly like how I feel, the idea hitting me again for the fifth time in the last twenty-four hours.

"Ahhhh!" He and I scream simultaneously like a couple of kids, and I hurry to open the door, revealing Harry with his coat in his arm, leaning on the doorway dashingly with a smirk.

"Ahhhh!" he mimics dramatically, the high pitch in his voice tickling my ears.

I laugh and rest my head on the wooden door in admiration and embarrassment. "You heard that?"

"Yep," Harry snickers with an open grin, taking my hand to lead me from hiding behind the door to press a soft kiss on my forehead. "Ready for me to take you shopping, roomie?"

"I'm all set, Ryan promised he'd finish packing for me. I really don't think I need to buy much though. I don't want to invade your space."

Harry vowed to take me shopping last night in order to fill the house with my input and of course let me look around at clothes, but since this house is smaller and I let Caleb know he doesn't need to move out, I really don't know if there's room for three.

"My closet has enough room for you to fill it up however you like. I'll make Caleb let you use his if you need it. It's your space too," he assures me, eyes following my movements as I lean back and grab my coat and purse from the closet.