16. change of plans

🚨
this one is cute!!

I crank up the shower, the hot water steaming up the the glass walls in moments

I crank up the shower, the hot water steaming up the the glass walls in moments. I then step back only to meet Harry's suit-clad arms around my torso, holding around my robe with a sense of love and a lingering fear that has resonated from him ever since I got called to lunch.

"Hey, gorgeous," his words are muffled and soft against the fur collar of my robe as he sways our bodies side to side slowly, pressing his mouth to my neck in small pecks, and my hands move to hold his.

"Hey stranger," I shift my eyes to the mirror above the vanity to our right, giving our reflection a once over, seeing that his eyes are closed, his grip has tightened, and he looks handsome. "Looking as good as always."

"What time is your meeting again?" He whispers in a melancholic tone over the patter of the shower water smacking the surface of the tile, the interrupting question revealing the burning topic on his mind.

Harry's been rather distraught, quiet, and not himself since Amber phoned me over to discuss the case at Ostuni. After the call, we drove home in silence and had an awkward evening where he was wary and lost in his own head, blunt with short, uneasy responses to the conversations I tried to start. I haven't tried to tread very much on him since and leave him be, but I was surprised when he even went to bed early on his own as I was on the phone warning Ryan, and he woke up early without any affection towards me.

After getting up, my stranger went straight to get ready for work as I slept in, leaving me breakfast in bed that I woke up to eat while he showered. He didn't even come to say good morning, but was just washing the dishes as I prepared to shower.

"Meeting is at noon. I don't know how long we'll be," I reply calmly, yet again attempting to be the strong one here, though I'm drowning in nerves just as badly as he is.

"I'll try to keep myself busy in the kitchen," my anxious boyfriend plans, turning me around in his arms.

His head is downturned, the perfectly gelled hair of his in my face as he hides his eyes from me.

"Yeah," I agree, my hands running up and down his smooth, simple blazer with a small grin he can't see. "You just need to distract yourself, Harry."

"I know," he drawled out, taking me aback when his hands suddenly reach up to cup my cheek and he finds his way to my lips, for seconds starting off gentle, but that strays away to needy.

I don't realize my body has moved until my back hits the door of the shower. Harry constrains me there with his hot and heavy kiss, the steam and humidity from the water fogging up our minds. He lets out a hoarse groan against my lips, and I flicker my eyes open mid-kiss to see him fumbling off his clothes, his shirt unbuttoned in a matter of seconds, his pants puddling at his feet along with the matching blazer.

"B-But Caleb is picking you up soon," I feel myself slightly lose my footing, the fabric of my robe slipping along the glass as my legs grow shaky from the abrupt intensity I was just sucked into.