bonus: episode

🚨

"I'm 'ere! I'm 'ere!" My fiancé bursts through the front door, his rushed, exhausted voice, the rustle of plastic bags and clinking metal paint cans following his panting before I hear the door shut behind him, most likely from the kick of his foot

"I'm working in the dining area!" I shout back from our dining room, loud enough for my voice to travel through the doorway barricading this space from the front door near the kitchen.

"Working?" He sets the bought items down with more noise in the office area, the office that over a week ago, was supposed to be a project Harry and I tackled. "It's both of our days off, finally, and I thought we agreed not to do work."

"Sorry, I had nothing to do while you were gone, and I'm still on this case..."

"The first one?" Harry enters our dining area, bearing a bag from the nearby drugstore.

"Yeah, this criminal has more and more evidence coming in every day," I grumble, and Harry's soft lips press upon my forehead, his arms hugging me from the side. "He's out of control. I'm sick of reading about this stupid meth lab."

"I'm sorry, my darling," he coos, setting the plastic bag in front of me, on top of my work. "But hey, I have the pregnancy test. As soon as you called me, I bought all of our paint and ran to get the test. Do you think—"

"I'm... I am late," I tilt my head up at him with a small smile and shrug. "There's no telling for sure, at least until I take the test, and then go to the doctor to confirm—"

My giddiness grows when he lends me the toothiest grin, encouraging me off the chair and into the bathroom.

"Screw the meth lab. Have a good wee on that stick, baby," Harry cheers me on, his hand on the small of my back guiding me to the hallway washroom.

"Don't... say that," I cringe. "Gross."

"Pop a cheeky squat on that stick."

"Harry—"

"Give it a good, solid stream—"

"Stop it!" I turn around and shove at him as we make it to the bathroom, the man laughing like a child, clapping at his comedic 'skills'.

"You know I'm teasing, Caroline," he gives me a playful elbow to my side. "C'mon, let's see if we've got a baby in there, yeah?"

"I'll be right out, okay?" I assure, stepping in and closing the door to the bathroom, taking out the box of pregnancy tests Harry purchased and reading the instructions before following through.