Chapter Four: A Party and A Good Pair of Glasses

When I got back to Kara's apartment, she had on a green dress and was twisting her hair into a bun. 

"You like nice. What's the occasion?" I asked.

"Catco Supergirl launch party. Celebrating the magazine edition. You're coming, right?" She questioned.

"I mean...I wans't planning on it. In my defense, I've been being held captive in a junk yard for three days so I wasn't exactly prepared for that." 

"Lucky for you, I brougth a back-up dress from the DEO closet, jsut in case Kara didn't like that one." She handed it to me. 

"Huh. I guess I'm going to a party." 

~~~

"I gotta say

"I gotta say...well done Kara Danvers." I said, looking around.  "I guess it's esay to plan a party when it's themed around yourself."

"Thus is true." She laughed, pushing her glasses up. She looked at the magazine cover dispalay, keeping her ehad down. "Do yout hink they'll recognize me?"

"Nah. Not everyone can see past a good pair of glasses." She chuckled. "Don't worry about it. Enjoy yourself. You deserve it." Cat rushed over to us.

"You don't fool me." Kara and I exchanged a quick glance. "You're late. I noticed because there was no one mumbling and shuffling three paces behind me."

"I'm sorry." Kara apologized.

"Where are the magazines?"

"The mag-"

"The paper ones, thr ones that can be framed." She clarified.

"Right, the magazine."

"The truth is, Kara is probably just a little foggy because she was up all night, not only worrying about her kidnapped friend, but also autographing the magazines with the author's name." Winn explained, popping out of nowhere.

"Your name, just to clarify." I added.

"Ah. It's as if I thought of it myself, Kerah." she walked away and Winn took his place in front of us.