Chapter Seven: Attraction and Electricity

~~~Winn~~~

Why on earth do I find Sarah Kingsley playing with her hair more attractive than anything I've ever seen?

She'd never seen Orphan Black before, so she was watching intently, and instead of watching one of my all time favorite shows, I was watching her, run one hand through her hair like it was made of gold or something. I took this opportunity to study her face. Her eyes were a deep blue that looked dark and calculating, despite her innocent features. Her lips were somehow thin and full and the same time, and were a light shade of pink. She ran her tounge over them as she ruffled her hand through her hair. She was stunning. 

"Winn?" I snapped out of my thoughts, meeting her eyes. "You've been staring at me for five minutes. I'm ok, I promise."

If she wants to think I was making sure she was ok, that's fine with me. 

"Are uh...are you sure?" I asked, going along with her idea of what I was doing.

"Yeah. I just got a little freaked out. I'm over it. Honestly, I'm ok. Thanks for being so concerend." She turned her attention back to the TV. Yup. That's what I was.  Concerned. 

Not attracted to you at all.

~~~Sarah~~~

I'd seen that look before. I'd seen him look at Kara that same way a thousand times over. He couldn't be looking at me that way...could he? I decided to test the waters a little bit by turning my back into the arm of the couch and stretching my legs across his lap. He looked at me.

"Sure, make yourself comfertable." He said, in an attempt to sound sarcastic. But I could see his adams apple bob as he swallowed nervously.

"Will do." I gave him a two fingered salute before turning my attention back to the screen.  I tried not to let my shock show on my face when he folded his arm over my leg, his hand resting on my bare shin. I tried to pay attention, but his fingers moved ever so slightly, causing a feeling to bubble up in my stomach that I'd only ever felt with Clark. When he touched me, it was like every part of me was on fire, and I didn't want it to stop. "Do you have any clue what's going on in the show right now?"

"Not at all." He confessed.  I pulled my legs away from him, chuckling nervously. I felt a question, bubbling in the back of my throat.

"You're still in love with Kara...right?"

"Um...yeah. Yeah I think so. Are you still in love with Clark?" He asked. I nodded.

"Would you look at that? We're both in love with Superheros that will never see us how we want them to." 

"Small world." I nodded.

"I..." I sighed, laying my head down on Winn's shoulder. "Do you feel this way all of the time?"  I asked.

"Pretty much." 

"Well, it sucks."

"Tell me about it." he replied. "But at least Superman saw you as something in the romantic relm of possibility."

"Yeah, but he also saw me as this puny human that he had to protect all of the time. It's like 'I'm gonna go save the world', leaving the rest of us to sit at home watching the events on our televisions. At least Kara lets you help."

"Yeah, he loved you so much he wanted to protect you. That must've sucked. No wonder you're so mad at him." He said sarcastically. I sat up, looking at him.

"You don't even know what you're talking about, Winn." I stood up, taking our ice cream bowls to the sink.

"Well, it just sounds to me, that Superman just wanted to protect you, because he loved you. I don't see what's so bad about that." I shook my head.

"I didn't need anyone to protect me!" I shouted, whirling around to face him, putting my hands on the island. "I haven't had anyone to 'save the day' in my life since I was eight years old. He made me feel as helpless as I did the day my parents died. But what's so bad about that, right?! Here's an idea, maybe you shouldn't discount problems in other people's live that you know absolutely nothing about."  I propped my elbows up on the counter, resting my head in my hands.

"I..."

"Maybe you should go." I said. I didn't look up again until I heard the front door shut. I instantly felt bad for yelling at him, but Superman was a touchy subject. Not to mention...

I am so sick of men telling me what I should and shouldn't feel...or do.

~~~

After our argument, I decided to go back to work so I could foucus on my article. I got there, and Kara was there, crouched over Cat's computer while Cat watched.

"I think we need Winn's help." She said.

"What's a Winn?"

"He's the IT guy. He sits right by my desk. And Sarah's desk." She pointed at me, and Cat turend around.

"Technology troubles?" I asked. Just as I said this all of the power went out in CatCo.

"What fresh incompitence is this?" She asked. 

"Gobble, Gobble. Miss me?" An ominous voice said.

"Leslie?" Kara and I exchanged a wide-eyed look. The screens behind us all flashed on, and Leslie's face appeared, only her hair was deathly white and electricity surrounded her.

"No. Leslie Willis is dead. D-E-A-D dead. She died in that CatCopter of yours. This is Leslie 2.0. Livewire." I could now see that where her eyes used to be blue, they had now turned pitch black. This is not good. "And you and I...We'e gonna have words."

"My gosh, Leslie." All the screens sparked up and Leslie appeared in front of us, busting two lamps with the electricity that came out of her hands. 

"We have to go." Kara said. He ran past the pink cat statue as Leslie blew it up.

"Get down, get down." Cat had a protective arm over us, not knowing that one of us didn't need protecting. Two of us, now that I think about it.

"You guys run for the door. I'll distract her."  I said.

"What no-" Kara started.

"Kara, you need to go get help." I told her.

"Yes, yes secuirity is twenty floors down. Go, go. I'll keep her busy."

"With all do espect, Ms. Grant, I think the world would be far better off with you in it. I stood up, running to the center of the bull pen.

"Hey Leslie Willis!" I called in a sing-song voice.

"Sarah Kingsley." She addressed.

"The very same. I seem to recall that we were once up for the same journalism award...until they remembered that you aren't a real journalist. " A burst of electricity flew towards me and I jumped out of the way. Suddenly she appeared right in front of my, her hand wrapped around my wrist. Electricity surged into me, and I felt myself shaking uncontrollably. I heard myself scream before she let me go, sending me to the floor. My vision was bluring, but I caught a quick glimpse of Supergirl sheilding Cat from the electricity before I passed out.