Bumps in Our Road

Grueling, was an understatement. Every night for three weeks, Izuku collapsed on his bed every time him and present mic trained. Not to mention, Izuku was banned from drinking any cold drinks to train his vocal chords. It started with using his voice to snuff candles from a few meters to using the pitch of his voice to break wine glasses. The boy's body was sore from all the cardio and weightlifting they did during down time from training his voice.

"Almost there Izuku!!!" Hizashi said while sitting on top of the boy doing pushups.

"989...999...1000!!!!" The moment he reached the thousandth mark, he collapsed on the cement floor as his trainer got off his back. "Good job Izuku, don't get too comfortable now. We've still gotta do vocal practice in 10 minutes."

Hizashi couldn't count how many times he could see the holy almost passing out from all the exercise. But he couldn't be more proud of the young prodigy. He almost treated the boy like a son, the first time he went over for dinner was awkward and loud for the young boy.

But alas, the 3 weeks for preparation are done. Izuku's stature has improved too, though not by much. His endurance skyrocketed alongside his speed and strength. He could shatter glass windows from a short distance with his voice alone, but the only weakness he probably has is his reaction time. It was dreadfully slow, he isn't used to quick thinking and decision making under stress.  But Hizashi has no more time to train Izuku, all that he could do is pray that he doesn't end up dying from exhaustion.

"Good luck out there, Kid" The pro-hero flashed a thumbs up before Izuku went to Class 1-C's changing room.

All of his training and hardships are going to be used in one day, truth be told. Izuku is expecting top 20 at best, so he doesn't get his hopes up. But he could tell that one of his friends are aiming for the top spot.

"You okay there, Shinsou-kun?" Izuku said as he approached him by resting his hand on the blue-haired boy's shoulder in comfort.

"Just focusing" was his reply before he closed his eyes and sighed. "You think we'll make it?" Shinsou asked as he opened his eyes and looked at the boy eye-to-eye.

"I don't know" Izuku said with a gulp of anxiousness. "Maybe?" He said with an awkward smile as the other boy sighed. "We're gonna make it" that surprised Izuku, seeing his most depressing friend giving him moral support.

*RING!!*

The buzzer on top of the door rang signaling the start of the festival.

"Well, do or die I guess" Izuku said as he walked besides shinsou towards the festival stage.

It started with class 1-A until 1-H as hundreds of students filled the arena as present mic and aizawa were in the stand on top as announcers.

>Break

Midnight being the hostess, brought up several nosebleeds and eyes averted from the 18+ hero. Though, with the experience with Jirou. Izuku was unphased.

Speaking of Jirou, the two have been talking less in preparations for the festival. A few conversations and meet ups here and there, but nothing was too notable.

A few glances at each other as they gave confident smiles and reassuring nods as someone was picked out for the pledge of sportsmanship. "Katsuki Bakugo, will you please come up the stage for the pledge of sportsmanship."

'This isn't gonna end well' Izuku, shinsou, and Jirou simultaneously thought as the blonde-haired boy walked up the stage unceremoniously. Raising his right hand up and giving a scowl and a glare towards the green-haired boy amidst the sea of students. How he managed to find Izuku so quickly was beyond him.