Chapter 1; The Beginning

The son of Satan walked into class, and immediately glares chased after him. With his demonic hearing, he could pick up on the frightened squeak Shiemi tried to conceal as he walked, defeated, past her desk; he could hear the whispers of 'demon' from the Kyoto trio, the muttered curses, the growls of 'dangerous' and 'monster.' Then again, Rin bet he was probably meant to hear those heart wrenching words, demonic side or not.

Just like every day, he shuffled to the back of the classroom, which was where he now sat. His tail dragged on the floor as he moved; some days, Suguro would accidentally step on it, others he wouldn't. Luckily for Rin, today was not one of those days. He's pretty sure something in his tail is fractured slightly from how many times it's been trod on. It hurt like hell, no pun intended. Normally, he'd rush to Yukio and get it patched up right away, but just about everyone—besides Shura—was treating him like trash, like he was some sort of wild animal, or just plain out ignoring him unless it was absolutely necessary; even his twin brother.

So on he went to the lonely, and now rumored to be cursed, seat in the back of the room. This had been his routine for a week now, ever since Rin was allowed to live, under the condition that he had to pass the exorcist exam in six months.

The young exwire did not understand for the life of him. Granted, he's never had friends before, so he doesn't know how this works, but from all the shoujo manga that he's read in his lifetime, friends are supposed to be accepting of any revelation. He's still the exact same person, the cram school students just know a little more about him, right? Wrong.

No, Rin trusted his friends enough to show them the blue flame, the same deadly flame that apparently means that he's a murderer, that he's killed thousands upon thousands of people. It means he's responsible for the Blue Night. It means he killed Koneko's parents, Shima's eldest brother. It means he's not to be trusted, that he could go insane and kill them all at any given moment. It means he's a demon; it means that he's basically Satan himself.

And what did they do with that trust? They shattered it and threw the pieces back to cut at him.

Rin grit his teeth and fought off the urge to scream, or punch something, preferably Suguro. Why don't they understand that he isn't his father? He's never harmed a living soul! He would never hurt them. Never. All he wants, just one measly thing, is to have a good time with his friends, but that would never happen, since he's Rin Okumura, destined to live a crappy life because he's the goddamn son of the devil.

Sparks of flame lit his eyes an even brighter blue than before as Rin's fists clenched on the desk table, and his tail lashed so viciously it slapped the wall next to him with a force greater than a roundhouse kick; sending a small crack running up the concrete accompanied by a loud bang. Shards of the stuff crumpled out of the area around the crack.

Shima and Shiemi screamed and jumped straight out of their seats, while the rest of the cram class jolted to their feet with a few gasps of astonishment. Amidst the chaos, Rin let out a yelp of pain, quickly cut off and morphed into a low hiss. His fracture had probably just gotten worse, and his tail was throbbing. He was sure that underneath his fur, the tail would be a sight to behold, covered in a sickening range of color. It would be a mix of purples, blacks, and greenish-yellows. He visibly shuddered at the thought.

All eyes landed on the demon, whose own gaze still glowed with his signature flame as he met their bewildered stares. He chucked, rubbing the back of his neck and huffing humorously.

"Oopsies..?" Rin forced out through grit teeth, slamming up his facade, attempting to laugh it out like everything was okay, like he was definitely not in immense pain.

"Mr. Okumura, please get yourself under control. If you cannot, you will have to be quarantined," Okumura sensei said in a monotone, contempt thinly veiled, "please stay after class and clean up your mess."

Rin nodded numbly and let out a muttered apology, just wanting the attention to be off him. He got glared at yet again, but luckily for him, Yukio quickly turned his piercing gaze away and told the class to resume their lesson.

Suguro, who just had to get one last remark in before he would obey Yukio's order, snarled in disdain at Rin and spat out, "Next time, we won't be so lucky, and that wall will be one of us."

Of course, Yukio ignored this comment like any good teacher would, and called the class to get back on track and stop the chit chat.

Rin thought it was unfair that Yukio was the son of Satan too, but no one cared about that fact.

~•§•~

"The answers Coal tar!" Rin blurted out, head shooting up as he jolted awake to the sound of stomping boots. He had dozed off soon after all attention was directed away from him, and chose to snore softly behind his textbook as he caught up on much needed rest.

His sleep blurred vision sharpened after he blinked a few times, in time to see a white exorcist uniform right in front of his face. He scanned up the figure with dread, taking in long blonde hair, a glimpse of a winged garnet shifting behind the man, and the True Cross Order pin secured proudly on the Paladin's chest. Not this dude, ugh.

Rin fought the urge to groan.

"We have orders from the Vatican to take you to a classified location for two weeks," Arthur said, cutting straight to the point.

He looked down at Rin as the exwire opened his mouth to argue, "This is to prove you're not dangerous. Surely that won't be hard, with how harmless you say you are, will it?"

Rin didn't respond for a moment, "No, it won't be a problem..."

"Good. Now come with me," Two exorcists Rin hadn't noticed came away from their posts in the door and pulled him out of his chair. They yanked him roughly forward by the joints of his arms as Arthur turned away and walked out of the room, pausing only to call over his shoulder, "I hope you're okay with this, Okumura~sensei."

Yukio just nodded, staring blankly at his brother, who was being dragged out of the class. None of the occupants in the room called out for them to stop manhandling Rin, just watched with the same uncaring expression as Yukio. In their minds, Rin was a demon; he deserved to be treated like one.

Rin struggled, then went limp, realizing the only way to escape these buff guards was to use his flames, and anyways, escaping in general would land him a trip to the executioner. That was out of the picture. He cast one last helpless, pleading glance at Yukio as he was pulled unwillingly out of the room.

Yukio looked away.

{A/N} Thanks for reading! I love all of you guys! <33 :D
Beta'd by PaladinOfVoltron <33
Also this banner has me shOOk

Word Count: 1254