Chapter 16; Rebellion

I drew insane rin ^^

Rin glanced at Dr. Bisheer, who was a solid figure behind him. The man was seemingly radiating darkness and despair - which, coincidentally, did nothing for Rin's nerves.

The doctor just glared back, all cold and sharp angles, before glowering. "It's the same as before, Zero. She's your new dummy."

Rin gulped, staring at the man - who had just coincidentally pulled out a long, jagged knife to clean.

If I don't do it.. they might hurt me again - but I can heal.. so is it really worth killing her?

Dr. Bisheer poked Rin in his back with the knife, interrupting the boy's internal monologue, and growled. "Hurry up."

                                     ~•§•~

Rin's classmates watched on, still recovering from the guilt and trauma they felt once they realized how their actions had made the half demon feel - some were especially susceptible to the guilt, namely Yukio and Suguro. They were beating themselves up on the inside, and had fallen down in despair as they watched how their words and actions affected Rin.

Now, though, they were watching on in horror.

"Please don't do it, Rin." Shiemi whispered under her breath, traumatized, and the others couldn't agree more.

Meanwhile, Mephisto was looking on in interest. This was getting more entertaining than he had imagined - he knew vaguely what had happened, but not all the juicy details that he was currently sopping up. How riveting!

He also knew just how to turn Rin back, though the thing he needed to do it was very elusive. He could've found it and completed the task himself by now - but what was the fun in that?

                                     ~•§•~

Rin took another hard moment to think, though he knew he was pushing it. Soon, both he and the girl would be dead by the Vatican's hands - or, in his sake, severely injured. They couldn't kill their ultimate weapon for something like this, now could they?

I could attack Bisheer, I mean, we're alone - but that would count as treason, and I'd be executed for sure..

Apparently, the half demon had pushed it too far, because the tip of the knife pierced the cloth of his uniform shirt and lodged itself in his back, not very deep but enough to make it's painful presence known.

Rin let out a small yelp, yanking himself out of his head, which was more active than it had been in days. He twisted away from the knife to meet a face more scary than he had seen on any other - and he had witnessed Satan himself first hand.

Rin's tail tucked between his legs and he turned to the girl, who had went quiet as she, in an act of brilliance, let him think. 

He had to act fast - he had to trust himself.

"Now!" Dr. Bisheer yelled.

"Don't do it, Rin!" The half demon's classmates each yelled out respectively, their voices horrified and pleading, even though they knew this was just a memory, that their words wouldn't change the outcome.

"No, no, oh god please, please don't hurt me—"

...a blast of blue flame erupted from Rin's raised hand, heading straight towards the girl's head.

The 'dummy' let out a scream so loud it rattled her own ears as the flame shot towards her. She squeezed her eyes shut moments before impact, preparing to die, and sent out mental 'I love you's to anyone she had held dear in her life.