Chapter 13; Old Man

so before you get confused, this time the italics mean a memory... inside a memory. woah!!

Rin opened his eyes into an infinite black.

"Hello?" He called out, confused as to where he was. No one answered.

Rin kept calling and wandering around with slowly increasing panic. Where was he?

And finally, something, something, was visible in the ever ending dark. It was a cloud of brown mist, floating menacingly towards him. Rin felt the hairs on his tail lift into an instinctive, frightened puff.

Rin turned to run from the mist, but suddenly it was everywhere, and then he was running but there was no where to run. Around every turn there was mist, mist, mist. He couldn't escape. Where was he? Why couldn't he leave?

And then the mist took him, much like it had in the room from before. Except this time, it was all in his head, which allowed the mist to do much worse damage than it normally should. It had gotten ahold of him, and it was not letting go.

Rin's eyes, which could only see a devilish brown, began to see new, brighter colors, much like how the cram class watched at this very moment. And suddenly, scenes were playing inside his head.

"You're nobody to me! Don't let me see you acting like my father ever again!" Rin could see himself spitting at a gray haired priest in front of him.

Father Fujimoto wore a blank expression as he reached up and slapped Rin. "It'll be morning soon. Hurry. Go get your things."

There was a long moment of shocked silence. Priests that weren't tending to the wounded turned to stare at the scene before them.

"Yeah, okay," Rin replied in a dead tone, turning away with a red mark on his cheek.

Father Fujimoto stared down at his hand, which was also red with the impact. Suddenly, he choked, hand clutching his chest, and then fell to his knees with a groan. "No—it can't be!"

Priests rushed towards him, calling his name in fright. Everyone was held still by Father Fujimoto choking out, "Stay away! Don't come another step closer to me."

All the lights shattered as he said this, and Rin looked around with a worried expression. "Wha—what's going on?"

Rin's gaze was drawn to his father by a sick, unnatural laugh that forced its way out of the priest's throat. "At long last! I've claimed this body as my own!"

Rin rushed forward to the kneeling figure with a soft, confused cry of "old man?"

Father Fujimoto looked up at Rin with a fanged smile that was so big it seemed physically impossible. "Well finally, we meet at last, my long lost son! Just kidding!"

With another insane chuckle, Fujimoto rose. Blue flames burst in an inferno around him as he laughed and laughed, craning backwards, an unnaturally long tongue sticking out between fangs.

Rin stared in shock, but didn't quite grasp the severity of the situation—he knew nothing about demons, after all. "What the hell's wrong with you, old man?"

A wounded priest called out from the wall he was leaning against. "He's been possessed! Satan has entered him and taken over his body!"

Rin let out a small gasp and turned to the flaming figure before him, almost as if for confirmation—which was exactly what he got.

"Exactly as he says. I am Satan! I am the ruler of Gehenna, and your true father! But you can call me papa if you want!" Responded the devil, in a tone that slowly got more unraveled and insane the longer he talked.