Chapter 8; First Aid

Once the class reached the bus, Shura aggressively pulled a dusty old first aid kid from one of the side compartments. "Mkay, which one of yew needs this piece o' shit first?"

Weirdly enough, no one was surprised at Shura's tone. Earlier, she'd tripped, courtesy of Suguro, and almost ripped her favorite bra. She'd then whipped the 'dickhead' into shape for shoving her, and that, combined with her wounds from the hounds, had caused her to be in a sour mood since. The only trickle of fun she'd had—because most were exhausted and walked in silence—was when a snickering Shima asked her if there was a specific reason behind her choice of insult to Bon. From there, she'd launched into a full blown explanation (see: rant) about how since Suguro's hair was styled in a cockscomb, he therefore had a 'cock head' which made him, quite literally, a dickhead.

Yukio sighed, pinched the bridge of his nose, and pushed his glasses up, limping over to the first aid kit. He completely ignored the angry vibes rolling off of Shura in waves. The teacher grabbed the first aid kit and propped his leg on the bus's tire, sorting through the medical supplies as he showed off his leg. There was a blood soaked tear in the pants where claws had scraped through and gouged the skin, revealing the injury to some extent. He rolled the pant leg up carefully, wincing almost invisibly, and revealing a wound going down almost the whole length of his calf, not too deep, but incredibly bloody. The mutt must've hit an artery. All in all, in Yukio's opinion, it wasn't that bad. He's had worse.

Taking the supplies he needed out of the kit, he twisted open the cap of an antiseptic cream, smearing the cold, milky substance over the length of his wound and hissing as it began to sting. He then reached for some long, stringy bandages—the kind you would use to wrap a mummy, kind of like toilet paper—and repeatedly wrapped them around the afflicted area of his leg, making sure it was tight to stop the incessant bleeding. He then proceeded to smear some antiseptic over the smaller cuts he had collected, making sure to use as little as possible in the event that they ran out. Then, Shura snatched the kit and did the same thing to the slash on her arm, which had been slowly oozing blood. She then wrapped some bandages around her waist, where she had sustained more gashes. Shura didn't even bother to check any of her other injuries, as she deemed them too small to be important. Yukio looked at her in disapproval for that choice.

"I am going to go check you one by one and assess your wounds, please say something now if you need urgent care." Yukio stated, flicking on his professional doctor mode as he deemed Shura unfit for the job. Said exorcist looked extremely offended, certainly understanding what Yukio's actions were implying, but made no move. She was too lazy for this, so if he wanted to work, she would let him.

Since no one stepped forward, Yukio just went to the student closest to him—Shiemi. She was mostly unharmed, beside a scrape on her knee that she got from falling over when she tried to escape the hounds. He put some antiseptic on it, but didn't bother to bandage it as it would heal faster with fresh air. Shiemi thanked him profusely for the small act. The same thing went for Bon and Koneko; they had all sheltered in Nii's protective plants, and so they escaped with very minor injuries.

Yukio moved to Shima. He had a shallow cut on his waist, staining his shirt a bloody red. Yukio lifted the hem of the shirt up, carefully avoiding Shima's look that he knew would all too well say 'oh my god he's assaulting me.' Yukio studied the wound. There was a small pebble in it, otherwise, it was just fine and would heal fairly quickly. Yukio thought that it would be better to not warn the scaredy-cat of what he was going to do, because he would tense up and it would hurt even more. So Yukio, as quick as a flash, reached over and gripped the pebble lodged inside the shallow cut. He yanked it out, and Shima let out an unmanly scream. He tried to bolt away, but Yukio's hand, still on his waist, kept him firmly planted.

"What the fuck was that for! You could've warned me!" Shima screeched indignantly. He was over reacting, as it hadn't hurt that much, but it had surprised him, okay!

Yukio chose to ignore him in favor of pressing a cloth to the new bleeding that had occurred once the rock was removed. Once it had slowed to just a trickle, which actually didn't take that long, he smeared antiseptic cream over the inflicted area. He then wrapped Shima's waist around a couple times with the bandages. Shima glared at him, still angry, and rudely chose not to say thank you.

The younger Okumura then went and checked up Izumo, who was barely injured. She had stood back while Uke and Mike fought, and so she stayed out of the midst of battle.

Yukio turned, now that everyone was finished, and walked back to Shura and bent down to put the first aid kit away when the Senior Exorcist interrupted him, sounding pissed. "Aren't you forgetting someone?"

"Uh—no?" Yukio turned, gaze traveling the students, until his eyes landed on Rin, who was standing obediently in the back. "Ah, maybe I am."

He walked over to Rin, who straightened his back and bowed his head slightly at the approach of a superior. Yukio took this in, but didn't bother wasting the time to tell Rin to stop. It was hopeless anyways.

It was easy to tell that Rin was injured. Probably because of the massive amount of blood staining his ripped uniform, and the fact that he was pale and swaying on his feet. He was most likely waiting for his healing abilities to kick in, so he could keep moving. It made them wonder: why didn't Rin start fighting with all of his power from the first place? He wouldn't of gotten injured that badly—or at all—if he had. And then they answered themselves: because the Vatican trained him to wait for orders no matter what. He was their lap dog, and that was that.

"Take that off so I can see your wounds, please." Yukio said, motioning to Rin's shirt. The half demon unbuttoned it and slid it off, and some members of the ensemble gasped at the sight presented before them. Rin had teeth marks all over him, each at least an inch deep. It was even more gruesome where the fang teeth had dug in, as the punctures looked like four inch holes drilled into his flesh. The hellhound had probably shook its head with the half demon in his mouth, causing it's teeth to tear as well as puncture. Rin also had gouges in his back, littered with pebbles and twigs from when he was thrown across the forest. His tail showed more proof of nature; there were leaves matted in it.

"I don't think I can treat this with just a first aid kit..." Yukio said, examining the wounds closely. "We're going to have to bring him to the hospital."

"All of us? Can't the rest of us go ta Kyoto for a bit?" Bon asked, slightly disappointed.

Shura glared at him. "We're a class, ya dickhead. We all have tew go. Yew can see yer mommy later."

Bon fumed, looking like he was having an aneurism, but Yukio stepped in before they could fight for the god knows what time that day. "Everyone in the bus, we have a long way to go."

Usually, Yukio would be worried that the student would die with wound like that just sitting on the bus, but Rin was the son of Satan. He could probably heal all this himself in a matter of minutes.

As everyone filed into the bus, Shura's eyes followed Rin. She wouldn't say it, but she was incredibly worried. How did the damned Vatican make a happy go lucky thing like Rin turn into this... this shell of a person?

ik this chapter was kinda boring but it was needed to advance the plot!

Word Count: 1422