10. Safe

Start song outside with the cuties by Frankie cosmos

THIS IS SO LATE IM SORRY.

Also happy thanksgiving to all my Canadians <3

Dallon drove everyone home after school. He held Brendon's hand over the console, lacing their fingers together in a tight safe grip.

Tyler only felt safe when Dallon was driving. He made sure to let Ashley and Brendon know that Dallon really was the better driver out of all of them. Dallon was easily more attentive on the road and really he didn't get distracted easily. Unless Brendon was really hyper, which he seemed to be most of the time.

Tyler didn't know if he could deal with being around Brendon as often as Dallon was. They were attached at the hip and as much as Tyler loved Brendon he'd never dream of spending that much time with him. Even he needed his distance every once in a while, except for when he was in little space. When he was in his headspace he needed everyone.

Ashley had her legs on top of his, Tyler holding onto her ankle and fussing with the material of her jeans. He wasn't sure how she was boiling hot in a sweater and pants but he didn't question it.

The radio was on, they'd only just left the school parking lot among the other hundreds of kids. Dallon always made sure to be one of the firsts out to avoid traffic.

Tyler wasn't surprised when Dallon turned down the music though. He looked at him in the visor mirror. He was such a dad friend, Tyler thought it was hilarious.

"How was English class Tyler?"

Tyler shrugged. He hadn't really done much in class other than be thankful that Mr.Dun didn't know about his little space, he's distracted himself did the entire hour. "I had a supply teacher, so i'd say pretty good. I talked to Jenna the whole time."

"That cheerleader?" Brendon asked, holding his head at angle where he could properly see Tyler.

Tyler nodded. "Yeah. She's nice."

"Does Tyler have a crush?" Brendon teased. He was grinning, all toothy and Tyler rolled his eyes.

"Definitely not." He smiled. "Might ditch you guys and just become best friends with her instead though."

Ashley gasped beside him, landing a tap to his shoulder. "You wouldn't dare!"

"I would."

"You wouldn't." Brendon said swiftly, Dallon simply hummed in agreement as he drove. Tyler wasn't sure who was being dropped off first, usually it was Ashley but she had work today.

Tyler rolled his eyes, wiggling around in his seat. "Here lemme call her, she'll agree."

"You have her number?" Brendon asked.

"She gave it to me today." He shrugged moving Ashley's legs off of his lap so he could pull his phone out from his back pocket. She huffed but brought her legs so she was sitting criss-cross apple sauce. Which really wasn't the safest way to be seated but Ashley didn't care.

He searched through his contacts tapping on her name. She hadn't really told him why he needed to have her number but she picked up after the third ring much to his surprise. He wasn't exactly sure where their friendship stood at the moment but he knew she was laid back.

"Tyler?" She said happily. She was always nice to him and Tyler appreciated it a lot. She was sweet.

"Hey Jenna."