Chapter 1

"Wake up sleeping beauty, we have our first day of school!" I peeked through half open eyes, looking up at my overly excited best friend.

"Come on Rosie, it's 7:30" Veronica whined.

I sat up yawning, "Ok Vee, I'm coming." I got up and waddled over to my bathroom. I stifled another yawn while closing the bathroom door, but not before seeing Vee jumping comfortably onto my bed.

I walked in front of my mirror and looked at myself. My soft brown curls, my light green eyes, plump lips, and a few freckles stared back at me . Overall nothing special.

I sighed and began to get ready, which consisted of washing my face, brushing my teeth and taking a quick shower. I stepped into my outfit after I had finished my shower.

My outfit was a simple yellow dress, with my white sneakers, and I had decided to quickly blow dry my hair and leave it curly and natural.

I looked at myself in the mirror and decided that it looked good enough.

I stepped out the bathroom and looked at my best friend who was still lounging on my bed. She wolf whistled when she saw me, "Yes baby!"

I felt my cheeks get heated at her compliment. I've never been one to take a compliment.

"Alright Hun, don't wanna be late for our first day, now do we?" She asked. As we walked down the I took a good look at Vee.

She had on a tight grey crop top, with high waisted ripped black jeans. She had long chocolate brown locks like me, but lighter, and soft brown eyes. She was the hot one, I was always the pretty one, or the cute one, and that was alright with me.

We reached downstairs and walked into the kitchen. I kissed my dad good morning, as well as Mr. Dawson, Vee's dad. I said hello to my mom and Mrs. Dawson too.

Your probably wondering, 'why were Vees parents at our house so early in the morning?' Well just like me and Vee are best friends, our mothers and father are as well. And our fathers also both co-owned a law firm. They live right next door also.

We decided to drive to school today, Vee was driving.

We were both starting a new school as seniors. Like I said, our dads started a firm and we had to move, hence the new school. I was anxious, but I had my Vee.

We pulled up to the school. I let out a nervous breath.

She pulled into a parking spot, and we got out of the car. We met in front of the car and just looked at the school.

It was actually quite intimidating. The building looked about half a century old.

I looked at my best friend. She looped her arms with mine, and gave me a reassuring smile, "Come on darling, let's go." And she proceeded to drag me into the school.