Chapter 4

"Hey beautiful, where you goin'?" I looked over my shoulder and saw that Mr. Gorgeous was still following me. He called me beautiful, I realized. I've never been called that before. Once again I could feel my cheeks start to redden.

"I'm going to class, like the teacher told us to," I quietly mumbled, not looking him in the eye.

I'm a very quiet and shy person, I only am open with Vee, because she's practically my sister.

I heard him sigh and felt him walk closer to me. "What did I say about looking people in the eyes? Huh? And you don't even know where you're going," he added.

I replied with a pathetic "oh."

"And I still don't know your name," he said in a sing-songy voice. I could help but let out a small smile. He was right though I have no idea what his name is, or his first name anyways.

I held out my hand "My name is Rose," I mumbled.

His strong, calloused hands engulfed mine. Feeling his hand in mine, sent a shiver through me. My hand felt so perfect in his, he was a complete stranger yet I felt like I could trust him. I felt safe with him. It was a strange thought, since I am a very reserved person.

But I shook it off and gave him an expecting look. "Oh, right. Shane Blache."

"Shane." I tested his name out. It fit him perfectly. I smiled up at him, and he returned it with a breathtaking smile.

"Alright we should get to class now, let's go" he said dragging me behind him.

I chuckled at his antics, and let him guide the way, my hand still secure in his hold.

We reached a door and came to a halt.

"Ready for your first class at your new school?" He asked.

I took a shaky breath before nodding my head. He knocked on the door before walking into the classroom, me following close behind.

The whole class looked up, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't intimidated. I kept my head down as the teacher addressed us.

The teacher was a middle aged man, wearing a sweater vest, with a scowl on his face when he noticed us interrupting his lesson.

" Mr. Blache, why, isn't it a pleasure to see you on time for my class for once," the teacher said, sarcasm dripping from his words.

The class let out low murmur of laughs.

"Well Mr. Wilson, I wouldn't want to be late but I had found a lost flower walking the hallways and couldn't let her miss your class, now could I?" Replied Shane.

Flower?