Chapter 13

The class was still looking at us. I could hear the whispers. Some of them were... very crude.

I let my hair fall to cover my pink cheeks.

Just then the teacher walked into the class. She was short with a pixie cut and was covered in paint.

"Sorry I'm late class, time got away from me" she said while walking to her desk to set up.

She started off class with an assignment. She wanted us to be creative and just do a freestyle with our choices of media.

I was drawing a chalk pastel cherry tree. I looked over at Shane. My mouth dropped open.

"Wow." That's all I could say.

It was gorgeous. He was drawing a charcoal drawing of a blood heart. It was good too, not like 'I doodle' good. It was realistic and had a dark kind of vibe to it.

He just looked at me with a questioning look. That's when I noticed the black streak on his cheek.

I couldn't help but giggle. He looked like a real artist. He smiled back at me.

I wet my thumb and tried to wipe the black off his cheek.

I rubbed my thumb over his cheek. His face was smooth and soft. I was so mesmerized by him.

I hadn't realized I'd been rubbing even when his cheek was clean.

My hand stopped. I looked at his eyes. He was already looking into mine.

He had a look of confusion on his face.

The clearing of a throat has me pulling away and turning pink.

I looked up to see the teacher beaming at us. Well mostly at our artworks.

"So talented! Both of you. Just... wow" she praised us.

"I hope to see more from you throughout the school year! Keep it up" she said before moving on to the next student.

I looked back at Shane and we looked at each other.

He cleared his throat and rubbed the back of his neck.

"So... is art something you want to go into for post-secondary?" I questioned.

I wanted to break the tense environment and I was honestly curious as well.

And that's how the rest of the period went. I forgot about the people who were starring and whispering. It was just us in or own little bubble.

We continued sketching while talking.

I loved it. He was so sweet. He looked genuinely curious about things I told him about.