Chapter 3

He quirked an eyebrow at me. Oh! He asked me a question and here I was just staring at him. I looked back at his wide, muscular chest, realizing his arms were still wrapped around my waist.

My cheeks flushed involuntarily, and I took a step back, out of his arms.

I didn't make eye contact with him, just stared at my shoes, and nodded my head.

I heard him sigh heavily before he put two fingers under my chin, connecting our eyes. 

"You should look at people when your having a conversation, darling. It's considered rude," he whispered. I don't know why he was whispering.

"I'm-m s-sorry," I whispered back.

He swallowed hard, staring at my lip, and just nodded.

"C-can you help me?" I asked. He looked down at my schedule before coming to stand behind me, looking at it over my shoulder.

"Huh, we have three classes together. Lucky you," he whispered the last part into my ear. I shuddered when his lips brushed the shell of my ear.

He took a step back and walked back in front of me, looking completely unaffected, unlike me.

"We have math fir-" he was cut off by a sharp "Mr. Blache!"

I looked down the hallway and noticed a teacher was heading our way. You can call me a goody two shoes, but I really didn't like getting in trouble.

"What do you think you are doing? Why aren't you in class? Are you skipping class with this missy?" She turned her attention to me. I was completely unsure of what to say. I opened my mouth but nothing came out.

"Ms. James, I was indeed not skipping but helping this poor innocent lost soul to our class. She seems to have lost her way and I was just on my way to class and decided to help her," he sounded so innocent and sincere, but you could still hear the smirk and mockery in his voice.

I looked up at him in completely awe of the fact that he talked to the teacher like that. You could tell he was mocking her and she knew it too.

She turned back once more towards me and asked in a stern voice "Is this true?" I just nodded my head terrified of facing her wrath. She looked absolutely scary.

She huffed and then yelled at us to 'get to class or this would be on our permanent records.' I walked as fast as I could away from that hallway.