Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Liam’s POV

I hummed quietly to myself as I jogged down the staircase with Alexia bouncing in my arms, she giggle when we hit the bottom stair and clapped her hands.

“Again!” She said and shook my head

“You’re going to be the death of me princess!” I smiled, kissing her forehead and wiping the soft blonde hair from her face.

A knock on the door made me jump, making Alexia laugh even more. I chuckled and sat her down on the floor before opeing the door.

“Hello, may I help you?” I asked the older lady and younger man standing on my porch.

The lady had black hair which was slid back into a ponytail and she was wearing a pencil skirt and button top, along with heels that were like five inches tall. They looked painful.

The man didn’t look much older than me, but he was big, and by big I mean buff.

Really buff.

“Yes, is this the Payne residence?” She asked and I stared at her in disbelief before replying.

“Yes.” I said slowly

“I am Margret Duoz, I am with CPS-“ I didn’t give her time to finish.

“CPS?” I asked, fear already making its way down my spine

“Child Protective Services.” She replied and I felt the color drain from my face.

“We have reason to believe that your children may be endangered by your wife.” She said and that’s when I lost it.

“My wife? My wife is perfect, she took a year off from her job to raise these children, and do you know how many mothers would do that? Huh? Cause I sure as heck don’t! She gets up in the middle of the night with them, lets them get in our bed when they are scared, she will cook a whole new meal just because one kid complains he or she doesn’t like what we are having, she has taught Jamie and Will had to read and count, and she taught Alexia how to walk and talk, my wife is the best mother any child could ever ask for. And until you get some hard evidence that my children are being mistreated, rather than some stupid lies off the TV, I don’t want you coming anywhere near my house!” I yelled, slamming the door in their face.

I slid down the door and put my head in my hands.

“Daddy?” Jamie’s small voice pulled me from my thoughts. I looked up at her through my tearstained eyes

“Mommy!” She yelled, running to the kitchen “Daddies crying!” I laughed slightly as Hayley appeared next to me, sitting down and pulling my hands from my face.

“Liam.” She said calmly “What happened?”

“Child Protective Services came, I told them to leave.” She gasped and hugged me.

“You told me once that no matter what happened; everything would be okay end, if it’s not okay, than it’s not the end.” She pulled away and looked into my eyes.

“Liam this isn’t the end for us, sure this is another bump in the road but we have already made it over so many of them, what’s one more?” She laughed slightly, causing me to smile.

“No matter what happens, we have each other.” She said

“Sound good?” She asked standing and reaching a hand out to me.

I grabbed her hand and she pulled me up.

“Yeah, sounds good.”