Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Niall’s POV

“Eliza Horan and Hayley Payne?” The doctor read off a chart and the whole lot of us stood up and he just scrunched his brow.

“I’m Eliza’s husband, and this is Hayley’s husband.” I said, and we both stepped forward. He nodded and motioned for us to follow.

We walked down the hall and he began talking.

“Mr. Payne, your wife will be fine, she is in a medical induced coma at the moment, we had to do a small surgery because the knife broke the tip off inside of her stomach, and we stitched her up good, but.” He said stopping and turning to face Liam.

“She probably won’t be able to have any more children.” He frowned and motioned towards a door, Liam pushed the door opened to see Hayley lying in the bed. He sent me a look that I couldn’t read before walking in and shutting the door gently behind him.

“Follow me Mr. Horan.” The doctor said, and we began walking again.

“Eliza is awake, she is responding well to treatment, but there were a few... Complications.” He stopped

“What complications?” I asked, as we stepped into an elevator. He pressed the number four and the elevator began moving, I looked to his face but he said nothing until the elevator doors opened, I followed him down the hall and into a room that had a large window.

“Mr. Horan, your wife was six months pregnant, she went into premature labor and we couldn’t stop it, the baby was distressed, the baby was born three months early, the lungs and other organs not fully formed, we have your child on a steroid to grow the organs faster, and hopefully your baby will have a chance of living.” He said, pointing towards the window.

“Mr. Horan, that’s your daughter.”  He smiled.

Laying in a small crib, was a baby, laying on a pink blanket with tubes and wires sticking out in every direction, there was a label on the side of the crib that said Horan Baby Girl.

“Do you know what your wife would want her names?” He asked, snapping me from my thoughts.

“Uh, Uhm, Paige Olivia Horan.” I smiled at the name.

“Why didn’t she tell me?” I thought aloud, staring at the baby on the other side of the glass.

“She probably didn’t know herself, sir, she wasn’t showing, this is what most people call, a surprise.”  He laughed.

Surprise!