Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Eliza’s POV

I wiped my tears away when the door opened, revealing a weary, gloomy, looking Niall. It broke me to see him this way, all out of energy, no happiness whatsoever.

“Any luck?” I asked, my voice cracking slightly. His eyes answered before he did, taking away any hope I possibly had.

“They are tracking down Alyssa, but other than that they don’t know anything. They have interviewed Luke like, three times. The poor guy is exhausted but scared to sleep.” Niall sulked, sitting next to me on my bed.

“Did you know?” He asked, and I knew immediately what he was talking about. I shook my head no and he nodded.

“They still haven’t let me see her.” I said, tears starting to form in my eyes again. “They told me you named her while I was still out.” I smiled “You better not have names her something stupid.” I laughed; he smiled wide, placing his hand on mine.

“I named her Paige, Paige Olivia Horan.”

“I really like that name.”

He leaned in and kissed me, making me forget about how unfair the world was at the moment, I forgot about Alyssa, about where I was, about how one of my best friends were out due to a knife in the stomach, I forgot about my missing child.

And for a moment, everything was perfect.

And then that moment ended.

Hayley’s POV

“So Mrs. Payne, you didn’t see anything?” The cop asked for the hundredth time.

“Officer, I already told you, when Eliza and I walked in the lights went out, I went to grab the closet kid to me to get all the kids out and I pushed to the ground, by the time my eyes had adjusted slightly and I could see three dark figures picking up the kids and dropping them out the window to a fourth person. I screamed for Liam to come help and then jumped on the guys back, Eliza tried to get Destiny, Arron and Jacob out but the big guy pushed her down and she hit her head, then whoever’s back I was on slammed me into the wall, I fell off and then the knife went into my belly.” I said again, repeating the exact words that I have said a thousand times tonight.

The officer nodded, writing down my statement on his notepad. I pulled my hair into a bun and laid back, trying my best to hold back my tears. Alexia was asleep beside me and Liam was at the cafeteria getting some food.

Bless him.

The officer turned to leave but stopped short when his walkie-talkie turned on, spewing out codes and mumbo jumbo I didn’t understand.

“Ten-four, take the suspect in for questioning; I will be there as soon as possible.” He said, before rushing to the door.

“Sir, please, what’s going on.” I said, practically jumping from my bed. He stared at me with sympathetic eyes before responding.

“They found Alyssa.”