prologue

Reinhardt pov

I was walking through the beautiful town of vale holding my beloved wife brigette. "Ah what a beautiful night." I say then look over at brigette. "But it is no comparison to you." She giggled.

"You know reiny we can still try to have children." Brigette whispered to me smiling.

"I'm sorry brigette but you remember hoe low the chances are for a child are." I said sadly when I heard whimpering.

"Please stop." A voice called out. I looked to brigette who was already following the noise. We walked up an ally as silent as possible to see 2 faunus standing over child who couldn't have been more older than 7.

"Look at this pathetic human begging for his life." One of the thugs chuckled.

"Dude let's just hurry up and kill him. Someone could hear us." The other said looking around. The other sighed.

"You obviously need to appreciate the little things in life." The first one pulled out a knife and that's when I charged in knocking the one with a knife into a wall. I'm not wearing my armor at the moment. The other figure sees me and pulls out a stick and went to smack me when he got a pipe connecting with his face. I looked at brigette who was holding that pipe.

"Please don't hurt me." I turned to the child and kneeled down to him. He was holding his head in his legs crying. I slowly pick him up and hug him. I felt him trying to wrap his arms around my waist but his arms are to small. "Thank you sir."

"It was an honor to protect you. Now where are your parents." The boy loomed down sadly.

"They abandoned me." He wiped his eyes. I looked over to a smirking brigette and nodded.

"How would you like us to be your parents?" I asked softly causing him to go wide eye.

"YES!" he then leapt on to me wrapping his arms around my neck. "Thank you." I could hear his happiness. I picked him up in my arms and started to make my way home with brigette.

"Wait we never asked him his name." Brigette suddenly said.

"It's Nathen." He said with a yawn. "Good night mom, good night dad."

Timeskip

No one pov

Reinhardt was watching his now 16 year old son walk off to go to beacon academy. He was so proud reinhardt Started crying wishing brigette was there at the moment since she was out in atlas finishing her training with torbjorn. "Good luck son and be the shield!" He yelled to his son.

"I will be dad. I love you. Tell mom I love her too." With those final words Nathen started his journey to vale.

(And now I have to watch rwby all over again to fit this character in.)