chapter 9

Jessica pov

I watched jaune get tossed around the arena by that asshole Cardin. I so very much wanted to kick his ass but i knew no good would come if it so I just watched. Jaune then charged cardin only to be smacked into the air by his mace. He lost his shield. He then charged again with his sword clashing against cardins mace. "This is the part where you lose."

Jaune then got a look of DETERMINATION! "Over my dead-" cardin then went for a nut shot. He fell to his knees. Cardin then lifted his mace into the air and smirked about to bring it down.

"Cardin!" Glynda called. "That would be enough." The lights turned on. "Now ladies and gentleman as you can see Jaune aura has dropped into the red. Blah blah blah blah blah." I ignored her staring angrily at cardin. He has no honor. "We wouldn't want you to be gobbled up by a beowolf now would we?" Glynda asked.

Cardin muttered under his breath. "Speak for yourself," and left the arena.

"Remember everyone the vital festival is only a few months away. It won't be long before other students start arriving in vale." Glynda informed everyone. "Keep practicing. Those who choose to compete in the vital tournament will be representing all of vale." The bell rang for lunch.

Timeskip

As we sat down with team  Rwby and jnpr, Nora was telling a crazy story. I ignored and tried comforting Jaune. "Hey jaune everything okay?" Me and pyrrha asked at the same time.

"Huh oh yeah why?" He asked trying to play it off.

"It's just you seem a little not okay." Ruby tried sounding nice.

"She thinks that your being a little bitch." Arnold remarked only to receive a loud smack from Angie.

"How dare you say that?" She questioned. "He is our friend and we have to help him." Arnold sighed.

"Sorry for trying to put the truth straight." He muttered.

"Seriously guys I'm fine." He then put up a very unconvincing smile. That's when I heard that unhonorable asshole laughing again I turn and see him and his teammates messing with velvet again. My brother has taken a fancy with her. I saw my brother get up and start yelling at cardin. Our table ignored it until we heard the sound of a joint popping out of place and a loud female scream. I looked back over to see cardins arm dislocated and him on the ground.

"That was your final warning." He took velvets hand leading her over to our table.

"See he broke his arm!" Nora yelled. "Why can't we get his legs?"

"That's not the point it's the fact that he is still bullying you." Nathen said.

"Who cardin winchester? Nooo he just likes to mess around ya know." Jaune lied.

"He's a bully." Ruby said with me nodding in agreement.

"Name one time." We started to list off the time in the hall, shield stuck in doorway and the rocket propelled locker. "I didn't land far from the school."

"Jaune you know if you ever need help you can call us. We'll be glad to help." Jaune stood up. "Guys really it's fine. It's not like he's a jerk to me but to everyone." Points at velvet who is holding Arnolds hand blushing. Our entire table watch as he is carried out of the room again.

"I hate people like him." Pyrrha said. Blake and I nodded in agreement. Since we're both faunus.

"Must be hard to be faunus." Yang said as we watched jaune walk away.

"We have to do something about Cardin." Nathen said when jaune got out of earshot. "I will no longer allow anyone so disrespectful to harm my friends." He was for some reason wearing his armor already.

"We can break every bone in his body!" Nora yells jumping up. Ren sighed pulls her down.

"Let's tell a teacher." Angela suggested.

"No that's not how things will work." Velvet said. "The teachers only intervene when it's a deadly situation. Otherwise they expect us to fight are own battles."

"Well I'm not going to let that happen anymore." Arnold told velvet making her smile. "I'll protect you." She smiled.

"Well maybe we can-" I began when the doors busted open.

"Wilhelm, Zeigler, McCree, And Shimada. You're wanted in Ozpins office." Glynda stormed out.

"Let's go." Nathen said holding Angelas hand. I got up and walked with them but not before seeing Arnold kiss velvets cheek.

Timeskip

Nathen pov.

I was moving from side to side nervous while riding the elevator up. The only thing that kept me calm was Angie holding my hand. I smiled and kissed her as the doors opened to reveal all of our parents staring at us minus my mother. Jack was giving me the most dangerous glare ever. My father was smiling and so was Mercy. (I'll call Angela mercy as to help clear up understanding.) Hanzo and Jesse were looking at there children. For some reason genji and Zenyatta were here too. "Uh I can explain!" I cried scared for my life.