chapter 5

Nathen pov

As I was flying through the sky. I heard ruby yelling something like "sorry birdie!" I looked back and saw her flying through the air very fast. Before I could say hello I found myself falling into the ground fast. I raised my arms and braced for impact. As I landed I heard a deafening crunch and saw the head of a ursa pointed in the wrong direction. I got a face of disgust.

"Oh sorry." I muttered then pulled out my rocket hammer. "Now to find Angela." I said with determination.

"Somebody call for a doctor?" I looked up and saw Angela slowly floating down to me. "Ah Nathen good to see that you lived." She looked me right in the eye and I looked right back. "Partners it is then?" I nodded. "Good. Now let's find those relics." She finally landed a lot softer than me. I offered my hand in a gesture of kindness and she instead hugged my arm. That's when my scroll went off. I got a confused look and pulled off my helmet.

"Hello?" I questioned. Angela and I started to walk in the northern direction when I saw smoke coming from that way. I was concerned about it until.

"Kiss her." I heard my father whisper loudly into the scroll.

"DAD! NOW IS NOT THE TIME!" I argued into the scroll. He started laughing. "I have to go now." I then hung up. I turned to Angela who had a confused look. "Sorry my dad called about..... something. Let's get on with the mission." That's when a group of Griffon grimm at least 4 walked out of the forest right in our path. "Oh crap." I pulled up my shield when I heard a bell toll.

"Were in the middle of a forest, where are bells?" Angela asked as one of the Griffons obviously the leader started to attack me.

"It's higggggggggh nooooooon!" Bam bam bam bam. These 4 shots rang out as the Griffons were shot dead making the one running at me slide and hit my shield. "Even folks." I heard a western voice call out. I turn and see a cowboy rip off with a belt buckle that said BAMF. "Names Arnold mcree." He tipped his hat forward.

"Always a show off huh?" Then a girl walked out behind him. She appeared to be a cat faunus. She wore a weird one sided shoulder shirt and a type of cloth around her chest area. "My name is Jessica Shimada, and please excuse my arrogant cowboy brother." I laughed.

"It's fine. We appreciate the help. Would you like to join us?" Angela asked. The 2 looked at each other and nodded.

"My brother and I would be delighted to join you." With that being said they started to walk with us in the direction we were told to go.

Timeskip

Mercy pov (the original Angela not the new one.)

"Oh I hope she will be safe." I said watching the TV as my husband came in. Ozpin had given access to watch the initiation to Reinhardt, Brigette, me, Jack, jesse, and hanzo so we could watch them succeed. "Jack our little Angie teamed up with Reinhardts son." I said excited that she would be well looked after.

"Well he better not try anything or he will get hurt." Jack glared at the TV as we heard a knock on the door. I leapt up to get it and saw my old friends. I ushered in Reinhardt, jesse, and Hanzo.

"How is the initiation going?" Hanzo asked.

"It's going great so far. All our kids have paired up." I explained. I looked over and noticed Reinhardt whispering into his scroll and saw his son on his scroll again I put 2 and 2 together everyone in the room was looking at Reinhardt. I saw everyone moving as nathen was on his scroll still. He had his helmet off and he was beat red.

"DAD THIS ISN'T THE BEST TIME!" could be heard screaming from the scroll.

I was very confused. "Reinhardt what are you doing?" He stopped talking.

"Uh giving my son advice....." he said choosing his words carefully.

"Reinhardt...." jack glared at him as if he knew what was going on.

Nathen pov.

I hung up my scroll and shoved my helmet on.

"Why is your dad calling you so much nate?" Arnold asked causing me to look down.

"Uh advice." I coughed. We emerged out into a clearing. From the opposite end of the clearing jaune came flying out. In the middle was the temple we had to get the relic from. Yang, ruby,  nora, ren, a black haired girl, and a red head was standing in front of the temple they were looking up. "What are they looking at?" I looked up to see a white dot falling fast. "Is that weiss?" I asked joining the group of girls and one guy. Ruby nodded. When she was about 15 feet from the ground jaune jumps out of nowhere catching her.

"Dropping in?" I could feel the cheesy pick up line end when they realized they were still falling but only at a very decreased rate.

"My hero." Even when saved she is a rude bitch.